Were you inspired last night? Were you infused with a new resolve that there is a light at the end of the rainbow where unicorns with pixie dust in their manes run wild?
After last night on AI my favorites continue to be my favorites and my not so favorites continue to keep my heart ice cold. A few thoughts:
*The Gold Star goes to my old pal Jason Castro. His performance of "Over the Rainbow" proved to me why I've loved him from the beginning. I loved the simplicity of the song. I thought it was the perfect song choice for him. He just has a different quality about him that sets him a part from the others.
*Brooke and Michael did fine, not great, but fine. I continue to like them because what they do is simply my chosen style. I went to a scrapbook store yesterday and the lady who worked there had some jammin' polka music just a blarin' through the speakers. I felt like I was waiting in line to get on the Matterhorn at Disneyland and yes I did do a little jig as I shopped. She didn't look like the AI type, but I'm sure if they had an accordion playin' Slovakian boy tearing it up each week she would tune in religiously. To each our own! I'm afraid Brooke will be in the bottom 3 again this week.
*Sayesha I felt did better than what Randy and Simon said, but there are a million girls out there just like her. I don't feel there is anything different or unique about her or her voice.
*Kristy Lee is really pushing the country thing. I like country a lot, so its nothing against country. I feel the same way about her that I do Sayesha. There is nothing special that sets her apart from all the other country girls out there. I still don't like her personality. She comes across as sarcastic and snotty.
*David C. Yuck!!! Hated the song, hated the jacket hated the voice. I thought his song had a weird, funky rhythm, cadence and melody. It was very Christian Rocky sounding and I just didn't get it. I kept waiting for him to break into, "Our God is an awesome God, He reigns..." Can you hear the commercial? I sure can and I will now have that song in my head for the next 24 hrs. I hope you do too. He is NOT the whole package like Paula said. His little hand sign didn't melt me at all.
*Carley-I like Carley a lot, but its her personality I'm attracted too and not her performing abilities. I think Simon has really done a number on her and she is having a hard time getting over it...and her outfit selections are still not helping her.
*Inspirational song night would of course produce a ballad from David A. We haven't heard one from him yet and I was looking forward to hearing him do something low key...I still don't feel him folks. Sorry all of you Davidites.
Possible bottom 3 Dwellers: Brooke, Carley, Sayesha, Michael
Your thoughts?
Personal Revelation
8 years ago




7 comments:
Gonna make this quick . . .
The guys are just way better then the girls this season. Bottom three should be any combination of the women but David Cooke or Michael Johns could slip in there even though they shouldn't.
Ugh! I just typed an elaborate comment and it wouldn't post! I'm going to have to try again later when I feel like typing all that again!
I agree Jason Castro gets the gold star of the evening. Perfect song choice for him if he sticks with songs like that he has a good chance of taking it ALL!!
Carly- I loved her at the beginning and every time she sings it gets worse for me, and I think she tries too hard to please Simon. Ever since he compared her to Kelly C. she hasn't performed well.
Brooke- she likes oldies, and so do I but the song was boring. She has got to step it up if she isn't voted off tonight.
Kristy Lee- She did real well, but she thinks more of herself then anyone else does and she rubs it in Simon's face when she stays on or does well. I like country too, but can she sing anything else? Carrie Underwood can!!!!!!
David C.-hated to the whole song. And I think to be the whole package don't you have to have some kind of sex appeal? ick.
I think you are right about possible bottom dwellers. I really only thought David A. and Jason C. did well last night.
Does it seem like the whole cast peeked at an early time and they just don't know how to do anything better? I keep thinking they should be blowing our socks off by now and they aren't doing that for me.
I did not think anyone did very well last night. I really liked David Cook, and I thought he could do no wrong...until last night. He was not very good. I am no longer excited about anyone. My husband (Cody) just recently started practicing to play the bagpipes, and he usually decides to practice during AI. I usually get annoyed with him because I want to hear the performances and the judge’s comments. I could not have cared less last night. I thought my husbands squeaky bagpipe noises were "not so bad" in light of the horrible performances last night. It's not that the contestants are all so horrible, but I agree with Josie that they should be "knocking our socks off," and they're not.
Amen!
Tosh-please,please,please,please,please,please,please,please,please send us pictures of Cody playing the bagpipes. Could there possibly be anything funnier?
this is blog stalker Auntie A. Ilove reading your AI comments and your blog. I can't wait for the next installment. Rich, Matt, Gabe and I watched Thursday altogether and were dismayed at who was kicked off. We all have a different favorite. We all thought Shyesa would be kicked off because of the TIVO comment on the news. I'm glad she is still there.
Get Carly out NOW! I loved the swimsuit she wore under those levis! She looked like she was going to the beach with my family circa '85. -Cousin Mike
Post a Comment