Saturday, April 19, 2008

You Look Like a Monkey and You Smell Like One Too!

James and I were really able to deliver as parents today and I can now officially declare Mark can never say we didn't do anything for him as a child. He woke up at 5:30 a.m. full of joy and delight at the idea of his party and spent the WHOLE morning asking me when we were heading to Pocatello. Oi! He is like one of those Monkeys with cymbals that you wind up and instead of eventually winding down, gets stuck and just keeps on going and going. Maybe I should say he's more like the Energizer Bunny, although he would make a cuter monkey...

The Neider and Sellick Clans converged on Pocatello today for a cousins super duper birthday bash at The Outer Limits Fun Zone. Mark has been planning this party since Christmastime and it was nice to finally see it come to fruition. His favorite part was the fun gifts, my Dad's was the 'Deal or No Deal' game where he won 200 tickets and mine was the 2 hostesses who kept our drinks full, served the kids, cut the cake, dished up ice cream and cleaned up our mess...wrapping paper and all. I tell you, that's the way to do it, plop down a fistful of $$ and let yourselves be taken care of. Mark's complete delight and the great service was worth it all. The kids had a great time running wild for a couple of hours while the adults sat and visited. Our dear, sweet, wonderful brother Courtney (Sellick) found our Nate crawling through the bathroom stalls (while they were in use), cleaned him up and brought him to us with a big grin on his face. I guess we got a little too carried away in visiting. Good times.

6 comments:

Lyf2.0 said...

Happy Birthday little dude!

Anonymous said...

OK, there is something I wanted to say on the "Neider Family Website" but I hesitated. Now that you have shared this story about Nate I can ask you. Are you really worried that you would spend the whole time at Maddox looking for Nate if he were to come? Huh, Miss Tyhee?

I hope you know I'm teasing you. You are fun to tease.

Anonymous said...

P.S. That doesn't mean that I am implying children should be invited. Courtney won't be there to track down Nate.

Emily Rae said...

Are you implying that I don't watch my children? No adult in this world has the energy to follow that boy around. Given, yes, we did have about a 15 min. lapse in time where we were not 'aware' of his location and he was found wallowing on the bathroom floors. He is however loved and eventually found...

Emily Rae said...

And yes I know he opened the emergency door at Old Navy. And yes I know he went AWOL at Target. You've been a witness to many of his foibles and truly understand the term "Going Tyhee".

Anonymous said...

I would like to see a little map of where Nate goes all the time. You know, like the ones they do in the "Family Circle" comics.