Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Another Night, Another Song

So-I really wish I had fabulous things to report about our previous week, but nothing ever seems noteworthy! Our favorite gal Ali Belle was baptized on Saturday. It was nice to see our Utah Neiders, Mom and Dad and of course the Hopkins. Whitney had a lovely dinner for us where I'm sure I gained an extra 2 lbs. I provided dozens of delicious cookies that I ate throughout the week and on Saturday. It will be a long time before I volunteer to do that again. Too much temptation! Cookie dough might just be one of the BEST things ever. We've also had dental appointments where Nate kept a locked jaw for the first 5 minutes until he was promised a chance to look in the treasure box and booster shots for an angry Tess. That little girl can pitch a fit a tell you! The nurse just sort of smiled as she was able to walk away from me as I tried to explain to Tess it wasn't my fault, but the mean nurse in the Elmo scrubs. It was to no avail...I'm the one who had to hold her down. Mean mommy!

I did have a good laugh this weekend as I listened to my Dad talk about his meetings in Chicago last week. He said everyone was a buzz about AI and it wasn't the women, but the men. My Dad is kinda funny about 'things' people are crazy about. He likes to buck the system. We had to talk ourselves blue in the face to get him to watch '24'. We promised he would love it, but NOOOOO he has to go against the trend. It wasn't until Rush L. endorsed the show that he decided to give it a try. His wife, daughters, sons and son-in-laws don't count for much in the good taste arena I guess. Needless to say, he did convert and does love it. We keep trying to get him to at least peek at AI so he can pontificate with the rest of the guys at his meetings, but he refuses. Poor guy! We're also trying to get him to watch "The Office", but he is too scared he is Michael Scott and it makes him nervous...My dad has yet to burn his foot on a Foreman Grill.

My AI night shaped up pretty well for me. Please take what I have to say with a grain of salt though. I think I want my favorites to do well, so maybe I build up in my mind that they did do good. I have to disagree with a majority of what Simon had to say. I thought Brooke and Jason C. did very good tonight. I will be downloading "Jolene" and "Travelin' Through" tomorrow. My favorite of the night was again Michael Johns. He did a primo job with "It's All Wrong, But It's All Right". He can sing that song anytime he wants and he will on my iPod tomorrow.

*News Flash* I opened my heart to David C. tonight. It's just ajar, but open just the same. He looks much, much better with his haircut and I will preview his version of "Little Sparrow" and determine its download worthiness. I have heard that song before and liked it and he did do an honorable mention worthy job with it. He is trying a little too hard to be humble looking though and not pulling it off. Everyone else for me was so-so. I wish I could catch the David A. fever, but I know I will never like the type of music he will put out. I hate to remind everyone of last weeks song selection...BUT...I think it would be an awful lot like that.

Possible bottom 3: Ramiele M, Carley and Kristy Lee Cook (Jason C. maybe, simply because of the judge's comments)

All you blog stalkers out there better start commenting. No more lurking in the Sellick shadows. Reveal yourselves and let me know what you are thinking. If you like David A and David C tell me why. If you liked Ramiele's "It's Me! Eloise!" outfit tonight speak up! I can be pretty ignorant and can be humble enough to be schooled ; )

7 comments:

Josie said...

I couldn't comment last week because I didn't get to watch it all, sorry! Anyway, I think Simon gets in a bad mood every time they have to sing Country, he never has anything good to say. I thought Brooke did well and loved Michael Johns! The one thing I agreed with Simon on was Carly's look. She looks like she is singing in a night club and not for all of America, and no I didn't like Ramielle's outfit, gag. Does she wear a bra with any of her off the shoulder shirts? She is going home. Kristy Lee is getting cocky too, and she rubs it in Simon's face that she is by some strange luck still on! I think The Cook guy must have got the hint to cut his hair, it looks pretty good, and he did do a good job, but does he have the fan base the others have? David A. I thought did a great job last night, but can he sing pop? He is all about ballads, and sounds great but what else can he do. I keep picturing him singing a duet with Kenneth Cope!!! There you have it, did I miss anything?

Lyf2.0 said...

Kristy Lee Cook needs to GOOOOOO! I have no idea why she is still in the game.

...and Brooke needs to start showing a little backbone. I'm getting tired of the Mr. Nice Guy.

My bottom three: Ramielle, Kristy Lee, and DreadLocks. With the final boot going to Ramielle... enough with the high-waisted pants/skirts already! BLAH!

Anonymous said...

Okay, you asked for it . . .

Ramiel or Kristy Lee need to go. They are awful.

Last night was the first time I have ever liked Castro and/or Cook.

I can't stand to watch Castro or Carly sing. I think if I could cover up their faces I would like them both a lot better. I think Carly is really the man/woman from the Shrek movies. Castro is the male (barely) version of Minnie Driver.

Brook was a lot better last night then she has been in awhile but I don't think she will be around much longer.

Cook, Michael John, and David A do virtually the same thing every time. I liked Cook and David A. last night, but thought Michael Johns performance, as Simon would say, was forgetable.

I think your not liking David A. is your father coming out in you and wanting to buck the trend. The kid can sing.

Syesha is my favorite female this season(which isn't saying much), but I thought she did much better than the judges gave her credit for.

My bottom three Ramiel, Kristy Lee and Carly.

AI junkies unite!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh! All of you guys are cracking me up! I love hearing your comments. I sit and ask myself, "Who is voting for these people? Doesn't everyone have the same favorites as me?" And I see that we are all completely different.

I will say what I said on my family website. David C. is a little to smug for me and David A. would make a great addition to the Highland Trouveres (High School Choir group).

I think my absolute favorite right now is Michael Johns.

I do like Brooke but thought it was silly when she complimented Paula on her hair. Yes, Brooke, you are really sweet and nice and we like you already! You don't need to kiss Paula's rear on national television!

Did I say too much?

Emily Rae said...

I love it! We could all have a great debate don't you think? Although I don't think I would want to debate with Jeremy Esquire...It does go to show why there are so many different musical genres out there. We all like something different.

Some thoughts:

Josie, I too had the thought that David A. could put out some LDS music and I would be interested. I totally admit he can sing, but not necessarily anything mainstream that I would personally like. I'm with Whits, he would have been a huge star at Highland High. Does the way he breaths and smacks his lips while he sings bug anybody else?

Brooke does need to stop talking over the judges while they critique her, but I still love her.

Jason C., while quirky, is still very endearing to me and I do like his musical style. I did notice his facial expressions last night...and for the 1st time thought about them.

Syesha is very talented and very pretty, but I feel like there are a million girls out there just like her.

Carly looked horrible last night and had a forgettable performance. At one time I could see me liking her and that went out the door with that terrible rose encrusted shirt 2 weeks ago.

What was up with Kristy Lee's little kiss and schmarmy comment to Simon...go home already!

You all know how I feel about David C. Enough said.

Michael Johns...love him. I have to disagree with Jer on this one. He was great last night and I am considering getting James a little scarf to wear with his suit on Sunday. And no, I don't just like him because he is appealing, I do also like his voice and style.

Alright the rest of you stalkers! I know there are more of you and I know you have an opinion. Pipe in.

Natosha said...

This is my first post on your blog. I laughed so hard at all the comments you made about the contestants and judges clothing choices. I agree with all of your comments, especially the one about Paula Abdul. Sorry Emily, but I absolutely love David Cook. I think he is in a completely different league than all of the other contestants. His version of Billy Jeam was amazing. I just wish he would hurry up and get voted off so he can start making a CD...

Emily Rae said...

Toshy, Toshy! I'm so glad you have joined us here in our opinion safe AI zone. I will however have to go to the mat with you and the David C. manner...just like I have to go to the mat with your hubby about Jack Nicholson.