Today the man in my life turns 35...Wow! He's almost 40! Who'd have thunk it was possible? For his birthday I got him a new set of scriptures. I knew it was time after watching page after page tear out as we had family scripture study. I didn't know if he would be ready to part from his mission scriptures, but it was time. When I went to pick out his scriptures I had to laugh as I went back and forth between the 'regular' set or the bigger set with bigger print. You know you're getting older and thinking about getting older when you opt for the bigger print knowing the eyesight will start going at some point. Did things like this ever cross your mind when you were 20? The point was driven home when he opened them and said, "Great! I wanted the big print ones!" After almost 12 yrs. of married life we have melded into one and are generally of one mind and one thought process. It's kinda nice.
Thoughts on He Who Holds My Heart-
*James and I knew we were going to get married within a week of meeting. Funny, at 20 do you really know the person you've decided to spend eternity with? I knew I loved him (in a 20 year old way), I knew he was cute, I knew he was funny, I knew he was smart and I knew I liked being with him. The surprising thing is, I didn't know just how intense that love would become, I didn't know just how handsome he would become, just how funny he was, just how smart he was and just how much I would LOVE being with him.
*We have truly become one in mind, purpose and deed. While those elements were there when we got married, they have been magnified through maturity and children. I count my lucky stars that the man I married didn't do a 180 on me and has just aged well, like a good wine (so I've heard). We want the same things, parent in the same manner and are working towards the same goal. Just as Russel M. Nelson said, "Salvation is an individual matter. Exaltation is a family matter."
*He makes me laugh every single day, multiple times a day. This maybe one of my favorite things about him. He has the quickest wit and funniest takes on life. I love hearing about his deputy adventures and the things he says to people. In a nice and caring way, he likes to shine a light on stupid...
*James is the hardest workin' boy. Ever since we 1st married he has worked hard for our family. Often, he has worked full time and gone to school full time, at the same time. He works so hard for his family and wants to do good by us. He got his MBA last spring and is currently doing an internship at the hospital here in Cassia County and is also still working full time as a deputy. I know all of this hard work is for us and it makes me love and appreciate him even more.
*He loves his babies. I knew he wanted to marry me when he said to me one night, "We're going to have the cutest redheaded babies." He was right. He holds Tess in the palm of his hand. She is crazy about her daddy and as the mother, I find it quite satisfying.
*I had to kiss him 1st! I really wanted him to kiss me and I could tell he was just going to walk out the door this one night. So I popped up on my tippy toes and planted one on him. He looked at me kinda funny, patted me on the head and said, "You're a cute kid," and then left. What?! I still married him anyway.
*I love his easy going, go with the flow personality. He doesn't ruffle easy, which I'm sure comes in handy in his line of work. He likes to let things play out. I've learned a lot from him. I've referred to my quick temper in previous posts and can honestly say that temper has been tempered, simply because I've watched how James handles life. My temper rears its ugly head still, generally when someone (I won't name names) hurts their baby sister, but it is much less frequent. I'm certain my blood pressure has gone down several points...
He is my everything and I'm glad he's mine forever. We'll be hopping around Heaven together laughing at all of the good times we've shared, people we've known and places we've been. He holds my heart now and he'll hold it then.
Personal Revelation
8 years ago




3 comments:
Scriptures?? Snore... Did you give him something "real" too?
Guess what, Gabe? I gave him some really awesome scripture stickers so that he could have fun with his new scriptures!
I love the "you're a cute kid" story.
Jams, I love having you for a brother-in-law.
We are real 'snores' around here I'm afraid. He was excited about the scriptures though, so I feel like it was a successful gift...he also got the biggest bag of Riesen's ever invented and we went to lunch for his b-day today. Do any of those count? I thought about getting him a Spiderman costume to match Nate's, but reason and logic ruled supreme.
Post a Comment