Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Great Day

This has been one of those enjoyable, no stress days. I went to Twin Falls to spend some much needed quality sister time with Whitney. We went to lunch at Jaker's (James and my favorite). I had Tess and Nate and with Whitney's boys Hank and Joe we were quite the group. The boys spent the entire meal under our table, but we figured that was better than running around. Anyway-Jaker's is this fantastic steak house with hot scones and soups to die for. Lunch was worth the trip alone. We then hit my regular Twin Falls pit stops and bumped into some steal-of-a-deals. I always feel like I can dress my kids when I can find $2-3 clothing at Old Navy. Yahoo! I also took care of my sweetheart's b-day surprises and can't wait to give them to him. He and Mark will celebrate their b-days on Saturday at the "Outer Limits Fun Zone". Pictures will be posted later...

OK-OK-OK....David C. absolutely kicked AI backside tonight. He totally rocked and I really, really loved his performance. He looked nice and actually sounded good and didn't come across as an arrogant high schooler. Good job David C.! If his performances stay like tonight's, I can see me crossing to the dark side...that is if my favorites are all booted as we know they will be. As for my favorite, I loved Jason's performance as well. It was a good way to end the show. I will make a new prediction and say that both David's will be in the final two...anyone up for the challenge? A giant bag of M&M's still stands as the prize. Anyone who would like to wager is welcome too and I won't shy from sending out multiple bags. These are my predictions until the end of the season. Let's see if I'm wrong.

I felt bad for the girls tonight, because honestly, who can do Mariah? The boys were at an advantage because there is no way they would be compared to a female singer. The girls on the other hand would be. None of the girls did particularly well tonight, with Sayesha as a slight exception. The bottom 3 will certainly be composed of any combination of girls. Let's hope its Kristy Lee going home, although I'm afraid it will be Brooke. I still like her, but she just didn't deliver tonight...and another favorite will bite the dust. My heart still aches for Michael. It always seems like at this time in the season with 5-7 idols left, one of the fan favorites is sent home. Wouldn't it have been interesting to hear what he would have done with a Mariah Carey song? I found Mariah quite nice tonight. I have never really liked her and have always thought that she came across as a prima donna, and I'm sure she is, but she was surprisingly nice.

3 comments:

Josie said...

When I saw it was Mariah Carey night I knew it wasn't going to be good for the girls, and they didn't do so well. I am still a huge fan of Brooke too and sadly she didn't do well. The guys were great and I think it is going to come down to two guys. I felt your pain when Michael went home, but just think about how big the Daughtry guy is. Michael is a great showman and I think someone will pick him up and he will be a star! Should be interesting, maybe a sad night if Brooke goes home.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my word! Why did it take Kristy Lee so long to go? I can't believe she hung in there longer than Michael! I will have to say that she probably knew she wasn't going to win and it seemed like she just enjoyed the way she went out (singing to Simon). I really like Brooke but sometimes she just needs to be quiet! I don't think she should back-talk so much, like when she got all upset when Simon said he thought it was Kristy Lee's night to go. It was! That's just the way it is!

I'm with you on all of the performances, Em. I actually enjoyed David Cook. That is my favorite Mariah Carey song and it was such a surprise for him to choose it. I just have to point out something funny. Or maybe you'll just think I'm rude. But the next time you're watching AI notice the size difference in head when David is standing next to Ryan Seacrest. It's crazy!

I always seem to enjoy Jason Castro. The only time I really liked a performance by David A. is when he sang "Imagine". Ever since then, I just can't get excited about him.

That's my two cents for the week!

Anonymous said...

You are all nuts. Carly Smithson makes me want to eat my own puke. Get her off now.-mike