For all those loved ones in the "Neider Circle of Trust" I apologize for stealing and repeating one of Carrol's posts, but I have a new love and had to share with those outside the circle. Carrol linked to a performance by one of the members of Celtic Thunder and after watching it, I quickly downloaded their stuff on iTunes and have listened to it nonstop ever since. James and I, as far as we know, don't have a drip or drop of Irish in us, but we might as well due to our great enjoyment of Celtic music. It must be the drums or the sweet lilt in their voices as they sing. Celtic Thunder will be in concert in Utah in December and you can bet we'll be there. I've provided a link to my so-far favorite song, sung by member Keith Harkin. He is very easy on the eyes. After watching this one, check out the other clips, especially 'Lauren and I' and 'The Mountains of Mourne'. He has such a soothing tone to his voice. Also, for those of you who think I am too hard on David A. from AI and don't think I enjoy a good balladeer, check out youngest member of the group, 14-year-old Damien McGinty's clips. David A. has nothing on this wee lad. He is absolutely flawless. Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ajw3AZA_7A
Personal Revelation
8 years ago




6 comments:
you and carrol are NERDS!!!
I came to accept this fact a l o n g time ago Kirstie and now revel in it.
Hey Emily, if you are a nerd, Danny and I have been nerds for a LONG, LONG time!! He listens to the Irish Tenors! Danny also sings Danny Boy to our kids (which he is named after the song, and the kids request quite frequently, they don't realize it is a war song!). Danny's brother went to Scotland on his mission and came home singing Mul of Kintyre, and the family sings it quite frequently, and if I remember Paul McCartney wrote the song so it can't be all that nerdy!
oh, and maybe to make us choir and band geeks feel better we can call ourselves "cultured" instead of nerdy!!!
You have elevately yourself above Kirstin in my book. Well done, well done indeed.
Josie, I have always thought of you as "cultured".
Post a Comment