Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Memories Light the Corners of My Mind

This assignment was on my cousin Jamie's blog. She's married to my cousin Mike, but once you're in you're in and you're a cousin. I liked the idea. So if you're in the mood please stroke my ego and leave some fun memories.


TO DO:

1. Add a comment on my blog. Leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! How fun that you're doing this. I think my first memory of you is at Brandt's farewell as well. I remember thinking you and Whitney were so classy and so nice to me. I really appreciated it because I still felt like the new girl on the block. I also remember thinking that you reminded me so much of my own sisters.

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,
I feel bad this is my first comment on your blog after many months of reading it, but I felt that this is as good a place as any to start.

My first memory of you is shortly after I met Cole. I came over to Pocatello from Burley to go bowling or something fun with Cole. You were also there for the weekend from Burley. I walked in the house and everyone was just finishing up dinner (I think it was spaghetti). We sat and talked around the table about how I was related to people that you knew in Pocatello. (One of my favorite things still to this day is sitting and visiting with everyone around that table.) I remember being so impressed by how warm and friendly everyone was to me immediately. I am so greatful to have married into a family who I love so much and have so much fun with.

Love ya,
Tristan

Emily Rae said...

Tristan, Tristan! I don't even know where to start with good memories of you. You are by far one of the best things to happen to this family and Cole. I love how crazy Cole is about you. I have to do a list of memories for you.
*Having you join us for lunch at Pizza Hut in Burley WITHOUT Cole. Very brave I must say.
*Cole kissing your feet on Thanksgiving. We knew he was a goner forever by that one moment.
*Your wedding day and how pretty you looked and how completely happy you were to be marrying Coley Boy. I'm tearing up!
*Going through the Bountiful temple with you when you got your endowments. I loved walking into the endowment room and seeing you and Cole turned around to see who was coming in. I don't think I've ever seen bigger smiles...also after you and Cole came into the Celestial room. It just felt right. I felt like we were sisters.
*Let's make some more memories!

Twisted Sister said...

Emily, where to start, where to start.

My favorite memory is more a concoction of all of them. I loved having a ready to go cousin to always have fun with. I don't think we ever had a bad time together. To Emily! (I'm raising bottle of juice)

Kirstin said...

I remember when I was sleeping over with Whitney at the Taylorsville house when you guys shared your favorite treat: yellow cake mix batter. Didn't you leave it under your bed once and forget it was there?!

Natosha said...

I have so many favorite memories with you. I loved coming to your house when you and James were first married...somewhat because of your neighbor Scott. I especially loved how every time he dumped me and we would get back together, you would sing "Reunited and it feels so good." Another memory that I was thinking of because of the 4th of July holiday, was the time we went to IF to see the fireworks and that weird guy kept saying "classic" like he was some kind of expert on firework displays. Notice how my memories are from quite a long time ago? We don't see each other enough and we need to make new ones. I love you and miss you Emily.

Anonymous said...

Kirstin, I still get teased about people finding brownie mixes under my bed that had turned into cement. That is so gross! What was I thinking!?

One of my favorite memories of you, Emily, was in junior high. You were a ninth grader and I was a lowly seventh grader. I remember we would walk to the bus stop every morning. Sometimes not together because I wasn't always ready when you were. One time you were very first in line and I was a couple of people behind you. Pretty soon you looked back and I was way at the end of a long line because all of the older kids had crowded in front of me and I thought that's just the way of it. You gave those kids the most severe look and said, "You don't do that to my sister; get up here, Whitney." And I came up to the front of the line with you.

Later, when I was a ninth grader, me and some comrades were reminiscing on our seventh grade year and talked about how rough it was and how seventh graders tended to get picked on. Layne Willey said, "Except for you, Whitney, you had that sister."

If Emily is your friend, you can always count on extreme loyalty.

Emily Rae said...

Carrol-Back at you babe. You taught me a lot about the world. I experienced many 'firsts' with you, like toilet papering, going on the 'cruise' and sneaking out. You kept us entertained many a summer. You will always own a special place in my heart.

Kirstin-See your blog.

Natosha-How was Tahiti? I hope you got sunburnt ;) My memories of you ALWAYS involve your older brother who loves you beyond words.
*When we were first married our computer password was 'Natosha12' and little ol' jealous me thought it should be an ode to me and not a younger sister. I made him change it.
*You also used to come to his baseball games and one day we had not seen each other all day and you and I both showed up at his game. In between innings he ran over to say hi and he totally ignored me, came and sat by you and proceeded to chat you up. I was only a little mad. I've matured since then, I promise.
*And not to diminish our love for Cody and his perfectness for you, but I do also fondly remember the summer we were first married and you were dating Scott. We loved hanging out with you, watching movies outside and just goofing off. For the recored: Cody far surpasses Scott in smartness. While he was smart enough to date you, that is where the intelligence ended. Yeah Cody!

To My Bestest Friend Whits: We have a lifetime of memories. One of the things I love best about our relationship is that our lives have always involved each other. I've never know life without you and I've loved having a ready made best friend from the time I was 2. I wish I could pin down just one memory, but I can't.
*I will always remember living in California and being scared of the 'Night Stalker' and holding hands until we fell asleep. Thanks for making me not scared.
*After I had Olivia and we were both poor as church mice, you bought Olivia her first dress at ZCMI. I will keep that purple dress forever.
*We can't forget that terrible night we were driving to Idaho from Oklahoma and we hit that horrendous snow storm. Do you remember how we were the ONLY car on the interstate? The hotels were full and there was no where to go. You finally said in your strongest voice, "Tim! I don't care if you're not worried about yourself, or me or Emily, but you better be worried about your daughter! You get us off this road." We had the extreme pleasure of sleeping on wrestling mats in a high school somewhere in Kansas. I know we can chalk that up to one of the worst nights of our lives and I have pictures to prove it. The only thing that brightened the moment was that we got to have McDonald's for breakfast. That always brightens my outlook.

Hooray for years and years of good times and memories!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's a great memory of Tim, too. Like I said about Tim at Bear Lake; he's not afraid to crash, whether it's any kind of skiing, on a motorcycle or IN A CAR! He's naughty. That night in Wakeeny, Kansas on wrestling mats is one of my top three worst nights of my life....EVER! I'm glad you got to join us for that!

heidi said...

Oh Emily, if only you knew the long list of things Carrol has made fun of me for. She use to also say ding dong everytime I would walk through a room because she would be making fun of my "bell bottoms".