Monday, July 21, 2008

Episodes of Choice

Our family is fascinated with Michael Scott and "The Office". In our minds it is pure genius. Michael Scott makes us feel a range of emotions. For a 'pretend' group of people in 'pretend' situations, that is genius. Michael Scott is an unlikely hero who you feel embarrassed for, yet still grow to love. If you haven't caught The Office bug yet you're missing out. Go to your local video store and get watching. Here are the Hopkin's, Sellick's and Neider's can't miss episodes of "The Office" and why:

Season 2: The Dundies-Michael loves being the center of attention and with his highly inappropriate sense of humor, his emceeing makes for one great episode. Highlight Quote: "A lot of the people here don't get trophies very often, like Meridith or Kevin. I mean who's gonna give Kevin an award? Dunkin' Donuts?"

Season 2: The Injury-Michael burns his foot on a Foreman Grill. Who doesn't love bacon in the morning? Highlight: Dwight rushing off to get Michael, wrecking his car and then puking all over the hood due to a concussion.

Season 2: The Carpet-Disgusting premise, beautiful comedy. "Why would somebody ruin a perfectly good carpet? I don't know. Could be done out of hate, could be done out of love. It could be completely neutral. Maybe somebody hates the cleaning lady. And well she doesn't do a very good job obviously because my office still reeks like you would not believe. I hate her."

Season 3: Gay Witch Hunt-I have never felt more uncomfortable watching a t.v. show than when Michael goes in for a kiss with Oscar. He's trying to prove he's not a homophobe and the tears in his eyes and his statement, "There I did it" when he is done will go down in Office history.

Season 3: The Coup- Dwight's attempt to overthrow Michael results in one of the all time best Alpha Dog moments. Dwight bows himself at Michael's feet, groveling and begging for forgiveness. They then 'hug it out'. Love it.

Season 3: Grief Counseling- Gotta love Pam's boxer 'aunt' who asks her trainer to pull the plug after she is rendered completly paralyzed. Highlight quote by Dwight: "When my mother was pregnant with me, they did an ultrasound and found she was having twins, and they did another ultrasound a few weeks later, they discovered that I had resorbed the other fetus. Do I regret this? No. I believe his tissues made me stronger. I now have the strength of a grown man and a little baby."

Season 3: The Negotiation- Michael Scott in a woman's suit made by 'Miss'terious. PURE COMICAL genius. This is one of my Top 5 Office moments.

Season 3: Safety Training- Highlight quote by Michael, "I Braveheart". Michael in an attempt to prove that office work can be as dangerous as warehouse work ends up actually thinking he may 'jump'.

2 comments:

Natosha said...

We love the Office. I especially love "the injury" episode when Michael asks Pam to rub butter on his foot and then later refers to his burnt foot as a "disability."

Kirstin said...

Love The Office. Maybe I'll have to check them all out...again. :)