Can I just say I love being a part of the Neider family? Extended and immediate...I love the Neiderness of it all. When I first married James the one thing I didn't want to do was change my name. In Idaho, particularly southeast Idaho, the name Neider is like going to the bar 'Cheers', because everybody knows your name. It never failed when I introduced myself to someone for the first time. I would 9 out of 10 times hear, "Are you related to....?" Why yes I am! For the record, I have grown to love the name 'Sellick' especially since everyone thinks we're related to Tom Selleck. It's a good thing he's a Republican. Oh yeah, the family isn't all that bad either ; )
The Mark Neider family took Bear Lake over by storm this last weekend. The only one missing was Brant and we already have next year planned with the lovely knowledge that he will be with us. We spent too much time eating and not sleeping, but boy oh boy I wish I could go back. 4 days was not even close to being enough time to enjoy each other or our beautiful surroundings. We got a cabin on the Utah side of the lake. It had the most perfect view, a hot tub that will never be the same after the kids lived in it and a big screen t.v. to enjoy hours of "The Office" on. We certainly lived it up.
Thursday: Hawaiian Luau provided by the Hopkins family. Hot tub. Enjoy the view. Episode after episode of The Office. Bed way too late.
Friday:
Beach party lunch with a HUGE sunshine pinata provided by Grammy and Gramps. Jet skiing. Titanic disaster dinner provided by the Ryan Neiders(my whole family died). Hot tub. Bunco by Whitney for the adults. Sooo fun! Birthday cake for Colleen. Episode after episode of The Office, "I Braveheart." Bed way too late.
Saturday: Picnic lunch in Cache forest provided by the Cole Neiders. Minnetonka Caves. Jet skiing. Hot tub. Pirate party provided by the Sellicks. Treasure hunt. Episode after episode of The Office. Bed way too late.
Sunday: Question: What are we going to do with all of this food? Visit to Bern, Idaho and Viking Ranch where we lived for a short while when we were 2, 5, 7 and 9 years old. Much smaller than we remembered. Lunch at Arctic Circle. Tearful goodbye. Bed on time.
Personal Revelation
8 years ago




3 comments:
It sounds like you had a lot of fun in Bear Lake. It is one of my all time favorite places to go on vacation. Tahiti and Bora Bora were amazing. I still can't believe I was there. I will send you pictures. By the way, I did not get a sun burn, but I do have the most amazing beautiful tan you've ever seen!! Just teasing. At least I didn't wear a see through swimming suit!!
As far as last names go, I hate being called "Mrs. Hopkins" the REAL Mrs. Hopkins is my mother-in-law. She was a school teacher so everyone knows her by "Mrs. Hopkins". I am no "Mrs. Hopkins". I guess "Sister Hopkins" is ok.
Thank you for all the fun in Bear Lake! This will be a holiday to go down in the history books!
I love the slide show of pictures and hearing about your grand time. I'm hoping to make it out to Bear Lake this summer if I'm lucky. Glad you all got to go and be together.
Post a Comment