Sunday, July 6, 2008

One Would Think

One would think there are certain things you should never have to tell someone in a 'teaching' moment. There are some things that most certainly should be innate, especially by the time you are a full grown adult with children.

For instance:

When enjoying a night out with the family at the movies, while you and the other 20 people in the theater are chowing down on popcorn and laughing yourselves silly while Steve Carell delivers another comedy smack down, don't remove your sandals and prop your bare pig toed feet on the seat in front of you, next to the the handsome man and his wife.

I still haven't come to a conclusion why the handsome man and his wife didn't get up and move.

7 comments:

Christine said...

That's just wrong? Were you the handsome man and his wife?

Anonymous said...

Yuck! That reminds me of my pet peeve that I have kind of been up on a soap box lately. I HATE it when people clip their fingernails in church and just allow their disgusting fingernails to fly all over the chapel. I experienced this twice in a short span of time by two different people recently . You know something is wrong when your two little girls are left gaping at the audacity of the old lady sitting in front of us clipping her nails during church.

Just in case anyone out there thinks it's appropriate to clip their fingernails anywhere in public......IT'S NOT!

Emily, thank you for letting me use your blog to help spread the word.

Twisted Sister said...

Sounds like Emily might be one of those who also clips her finger nails at church...

Emily Rae said...

No I save the nail clipping for my bed at night. James loves trying to decide if he's getting poked by a nail or a feather from our feather tick...totally kidding. I have appropriate nail clipping habits.

Yes Christine-the handsome husband and wife were James and I. Why the heck didn't we move!?

Twisted Sister said...

hAHAHAHAHA... I thought you were the one with your feet up on the back of the chair.

Emily Rae said...

My feet are far from pig toed Carrol!

heidi said...

I love this, because it sounds like something I would do. I hate wearing my shoes. But don't worry I would never do it if there was a handsome man and his wife sitting close by!