Olivia's baseball team, 'Kodiak', took 1st place in their division last night. She is thrilled with her trophy and her team's win. As she ran around the bases with her team and cruised by us she yelled, "I won!" When the girls first started they really had no clue what they were doing and it was great to see them begin to figure things out, although Olivia did ask her coach last week, "Are we home or guest?" After her coach told her we were guest she asked, "Why do we always have the higher numbers?" We've had some loud laughs about that. She's been playing games for 8 weeks now and hadn't figured out they were working for 'points'
(or 'runs' in baseball lingo) and that the point was to win. I also found it interesting how at the beginning of the season I approached it with a blase type attitude and by the game last night I really wanted them to win. Am I a sports parent in the making? Let's hope I can keep it in control. I would love it if one of our kids decided on baseball as their 'thing'. There was nothing more fun than to watch my brother Cole's changeup head for home and then drop suddenly. The batter would swing through the air with great gusto, only to hear the ball smack the catcher's mitt. The batter's face was always one of deep confusion. Even better was seeing the sly smile that would come across Cole's face. Never one for many words, his face usually showed it all.
And not to leave Mark out. Here is a pic with his trophy. They love those trophies! While we were ready for the season to be over-we can't wait until next year.
Personal Revelation
8 years ago




2 comments:
Way to go Livvy and Mark!
I would love to see and hear Emily getting all fanatical at these ball games!
I wish I was there to see Olivia and Mark play. I am missing out on all the good times, and it makes me really really really sad.
Post a Comment