Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Excitement Abounds

This lovely valley we call home is all a flutter with excitement about the Twin Falls Temple. Ever since its announcement on October 2, 2004 this area and our surrounding neighbors have been anticipating its completion. It has been an area wide effort to be a part of the building and celebration of this magnificent temple. Every primary child wrote their names and favorite scripture on a rock that went into the foundation of the temple. This is 'their' temple they have been taught. New verses have been written for well known primary songs. The youth have been practicing dances and songs for months for a cultural celebration that will be held the weekend of its dedication. The Idaho Saints are ready for it to be dedicated and overflowing with marvelous work being accomplished.

We were blessed to see firsthand the beauty that is all ours today. There really is no other phrase to express how I felt today as I walked through the temple except for "My heart was full."The first part of the tour involved a short 10 min. video with testimonies from local members and Apostles. My heart filled with the Spirit as we listened to a teary Jeffrey R. Holland talk about how his heaven would not be heaven without his wife and children. I looked at each little head of my own children and understood what he was saying. The temple is beautiful, light and bright with pictures of Christ adorning the walls every few feet. It reminded me of 2nd Nephi 25:26, "And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins." Every so often Nate would look earnestly at one of the pictures and would say to me, "Jesus, Mommy". I would ask him who Jesus loved and he would confidently reply, "Nate".

One of my 2 favorite rooms was the 1st endowment room. There is a beyond description mural encompassing the room of the Twin Falls landscape with Shoshone Falls depicted and our very own mountains that I can see out my window everyday. I have often mentioned God's work in those very mountains and now they adorn the walls of the temple! My 2nd favorite room is the Celestial room. I have never seen a more gorgeous, breathtaking chandelier. Wow. This room is beauty at its simplest. I think I could spend hours and hours in this one room.
In short: I love this Gospel that we are a part of and for what we believe in and stand for. It was brought to our attention over and over today...Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, eternity, family, forever. "By their fruits ye shall know them".

4 comments:

Twisted Sister said...

What a gorgeous Temple! Luckyyyyyyyy. And a gorgeous family. I love how your kids are such a good mix of the both of you.

Anonymous said...

Your pictures turned out great!

We are so lucky to have this beautiful temple. The Celestial Room was brilliant. I also liked how they incorporated the Idaho state flower, the syringa, into the carpet, the walls, and the windows.

Can I just brag and say that this temple is literally five minutes from my house?

Emily Rae said...

Brag away Whits, brag away. It means that the place my kids will hang while I do a session is literally 5 min. from the temple too ; )

andrea said...

So fun to see the pictures of the kids. Everyone is getting so tall. They are beautiful............all.

The temple is amazing. I love the architecture and will love to come visit sometime. A little known fact??? I first realized I was madly in love with Rich Crowley on a Sunday drive to Shoshone Falls. It is a special spot for me.