Monday, September 1, 2008

So Long-Farewell-Auf Wiedersehen-Adieu

The Summer is officially over, so says I. As I type about this last weekend and our experiences my toes are being warmed by an oh so cozy corn bag and I am wrapped in a fleece blanket. I'm freezing my tush off! We were swimming in 80 degree weather on Saturday and drove home tonight in drizzly 50 degree weather. I even ordered hot chocolate with my breakfast this morning. Gotta love the feel of fall in the air. I'm always ready for the change of seasons Idaho has to offer. Although, if Idaho stays true to itself and continues to keep us guessing with the weather, it should be in the 80's by tomorrow. You never know what you're going to get around here in the months of September and October. Our clothes are in limbo...too early to put away summer clothes, but we need the fall and winter clothes available just in case we have days like today. Our drawers are screaming 'Uncle!' and overflowing with the need to have half of their contents packed away until the flowers start blooming again.

As stated earlier, we did go swimming this past Saturday with the Sellick Gang at Downata. Kudos to Cody and Natosha who were up from Las Vegas for getting me into a swimsuit ONE more time before the season was over. Never something I look forward to, I did put it on and was rewarded with a FABULOUS compliment from Natosha. Let's just say my 'assets' are still holding strong (as are Cody's guns). Thanks Tosh. Swimming suit aside, we did have a wonderfully fun time and with the water being super warm, my kids didn't turn blue and were able to swim to their hearts' content. This is a HUGE step forward. We usually fork out a wad of cash to swim and then hear within the first 5 minutes about how cold they are and how they are ready to head home. They even went under the water. Yeah Liv and Mark! I pretty much had Nate hanging on me like a baby monkey for hours on end until I convinced him the stairs was where all the 'cool' kids hang out. He took the bait (sucker) and I got to rest from his 2nd skin presence. I am voting the best moment of the day was watching my father-in-law shoot out of one of the water slides sideways. Holy cow! I'd pay another $30 a day to see that everyday of the week.

The other highlight of the weekend was gathering with the old gang from high school for breakfast and the showering of baby gifts. We were 2 girls short and they were missed, but we had fun picking up where we left off as teenagers. It never fails. We always get way tooooo loud, talk over each other constantly and consistently, yet still manage to understand every thing that is being said. To turn our minds back in time, one night we were being our usual silly selves at Arctic Circle and this very put out lady came over to our table and told us to, "Shut up! Some people are trying to have a nice, quiet, family dinner." We had never coupled Arctic Circle with 'nice' or 'quiet' so we were somewhat perplexed and a bit disrespectful. I'm blushing at the memory. I'm going to rewrite history and state that we apologized and made a hasty, yet ladylike retreat. Anywho-my girlie friend Heather is having a baby girl (her 1st) in December, so we got together to eat, pretend we are pros at something and spoil her with some dang cute stuff.Good weekend, good times, good food, good conversation, good laughs...
...Summer done.

4 comments:

buildingburkmemories said...

Well this sounded like a very fun trip that is for sure, and what a fun girls night out for you as well, that story was just funny about arctic circle, that craked me up. I think that you should write story's your very good at explaining things and making them fun, What a good talent you have, keep up the good work. And I'm sure you looked fabulous in your swimming suit, I think every mother does, they deserve that complement. take care, Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! It was fun to hear about your labor day weekend!

Natosha said...

Thank you for hanging out with us all weekend. Cody kept talking about how happy he was that you guys spent so much time with us. He was also really excited about how much Olivia talked to him. I was excited that Mark finally warmed up to Charlie. Cody is also VERY embarrassed about all the compliments regarding his biceps. I can't believe there are no stories about our toilet papering escapade. Does Whitney know that we tried to toilet paper her parent's house? I don't think Cody and I will ever grow up...

Anonymous said...

I'll try and pretend that you all would have had a lot more fun with me there. The picture is worth a thousand words...except for the fact that I can't see Emily's assets(ha,ha). I am sure you look great, you always do.
Emily I love your blog.

Bridgette