A few select Neiders converged on Pocatello this weekend. Ever since I was a little girl one of my most favorite things to do was listen to my dad and his brothers and sisters sit around and laugh and tell stories. I was not to be disappointed this weekend. The laughter was abundant and the stories were flying. We even heard some new ones to add to that book I keep bugging my dad to write. The Tyhee Neiders have had more adventures than Indiana Jones could ever dream of having. From sleeping outside ALL summer long on their beds they had pulled outside themselves to swimming in canals with dead cows...we're lucky they have all made it this far. The best part about this bunch though goes beyond the laughter and stories. Their love and loyalty for one another is immense. There has never been anyone smarter, wiser or better than my aunts and uncles (or so my father tells me, just as his mother taught him everyday). As I listened and watched them yesterday I knew there were lessons to be learned....
My dad told this story a couple of times this weekend and it always makes me smile when I hear it:
When my Aunt Andrea got her 1st paycheck (from teaching?) she bought my dad and his brother Mike brand new sets of scriptures. They were the first set of 'quads' published, were quite expensive and she felt it was important for them to have a set. My dad still has his and produced them for Andrea this weekend. How can you not love a sister who put her brothers and the gospel first?
I wish more of the pics in the slide show had my dad in them, but as expected...he was still at church.
Personal Revelation
8 years ago




5 comments:
I love love LOVE this post. Those Neider sibs really are the best. I love the way they laugh when they're together. That story about Aunt Andrea is so sweet. I love her. I love your dad. Congrats to him. I love Kenny. I love Julie. I love Darryl. I love my dad for sure. Seriously, what's not to love in these funny and loving folks. Neider pride!
Oh, and I LOVE Kirstin!
I really missed you guys and thought about you all day. Just so you know, Tim passed along some Tyhee stories himself that day. He told our friends about the time Grandpa took the Broadbent's dog "Sarge" for a ride.
I too loved when my family gets together and jesses family, to hear the wonderful stories, that you would think wow, how did they get through all of that, I feel sorry for jesse's mom, because her kids were not that greatest of kids, I would of said your all going to live with some one else. Because they did horrible things, Any how, I'm sure you will keep up the tradition in your family, and your kids will feel the same way that you do.
WHAT A GLORIUS DAY THANKS THANKS, GD
We are so proud of your Dad and he will do an amazing job! Donevan was happy to be able to be a part of the day, but he was so sad he had to come home and miss out of the fun afternoon festivities....story time!
Post a Comment