I, Emily Rae Sellick, am a cookie addict. I would guess the majority of my 'love handles' are due to my love of cookies. We make tons of cookies regardless of the month or season, but once October hits cookies season begins and doesn't end until the 1st of the year. To help encourage your own love handles I will be posting the recipes of those cookies that are baked, eaten and then made again over the next few months. The 1st recipe is a new find and the one I am currently addicted too. My sister-in-law Colleen made these a couple of weekends ago and I haven't been able to get them out of my mind. They are the Neiman Marcus (?) chocolate chip cookie recipe, but they are perfect for larger chocolate chunks like M&M's. My own chocolate chip cookie recipe does best with small chocolate chunks, so I was happy to find a recipe that is denser, yet still soft and works fabulous with those larger chunks-I hereby christen this recipe
Colleen's Chocolate Chunks
*1 stick of softened butter or margarine
*1 cup brown sugar
*3 Tbs white sugar
*1 egg
*2 tsp vanilla
*2 cps flour (almost)
*1/2 tsp baking powder
*1/2 tsp baking soda
*1/2 tsp salt
*M&M's (or other chocolate chunks and as much as you like)
Mix ingredients and roll into 1 1/2 in. balls and flatten just slightly with fingers. Bake at 375 for 7-9 min. As always, I double every recipe to share or freeze for later. The above recipe is not doubled and a medium bag of M&M's worked good for the double batch. Enjoy as I enjoy!
Personal Revelation
8 years ago




7 comments:
I, Johanna Leavitt, and a cookie addict too! In fact, I Have to confess I made cookies this morning and was eating one as I read your blog! I love cookies and I remember you schooling me in the "perfect" cookie making. There has to be three chocolate chips showing on top of the cookie. Looking forward to this. Now I need to replace my mixer.
Are you trying to torture us with the cookie pictures? I wrote down the recipe and will try to make them later this week. I NEVER cook so it will be quite an adventure. I must confess that every time Cody goes to work, I have a cookie party by myself (store bought of course).
2 cups flour (almost) ??? What the heck??? Seriously, I didn't know the art of cookie making was in the flour. No wonder mine always turn out bad. I'm going to try this reicpe. Yours look so yummy.
I made these on Sunday. They are heavenly!
Sunday night is Chocolate Chip Cookie night at our house, so I have lot's of practice. Maybe you just need to eat more cookies, Kirstin!
I have to tell you that your mother's raisin filled cookies are my very favorite and I have had them only on two occasions. Sigh!
Andrew and Melainie take cookies to friends on Conference weekend. Boo Hoo............we are not in the mileage radius.
I also love love cookies and am very picky about the flour/chip ratio. It has to be pefect. I always do one test cookie and adjust if it is not perfect.
Cookies............me want cookies.
The one in the picture looks perfect and I am dying for a taste. Thanks for the recipe.
Hey Ems
I just made your cookie recipe...YUM...thanks for sharing. I'm glas you're feeling better...it's no fun being sick and trying to be the mom.
Take care,
Mel
You 'Mark and ReNee' Neider girls' have always been the queens of cookies! I'm gonna try them too!
Post a Comment