Friday, August 8, 2008

Breakin' It Down

New Backpack for 1st grader because kindergarten backpack was stomped to death: $15-50% Off

2 new pairs of pull on Sketchers for a 3rd and 1st grader due to growth and neighbor's dog stealing one set in the middle of the night: $65- Buy One Get One Half Off

Registration fees at Mountain View Elementary School for 1st and 3rd Grades: $14- No Discount

School Supplies x2: $60 and we're still using last years, only used once, sets of high end, per teachers' request Prang Watercolors and still intact Pink Pearl Erasers.

1st Day of School outfits for one Star Wars t-shirt is a must 1st grader and fashion savvy 3rd grader: $55-Back to School Sales Galore

Multicolored pack of earrings to match every outfit combination possible: $6.99-No Discount

Back to School Haircut for one shaggy 1st grader: Thanks Uncle Tim!

School starting in a week and a half: Priceless!

The kids are bored to tears with their summer. They are tired of playing pioneers, blocks, slip n' slide and fighting ALL day long. And me, I'm ready to be back on a schedule and ready for the day before noon. I'm just not a good summer mom.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I raised my kids, before I was a teacher, - just like you, I could not wait for Monday mornings and summer's end.
Now that I am a teacher - I dread Mondays and wish school started more into September.
I guess it all depends on what were doing at the moment.
Love your blog!

Christine said...

Thanks for depressing me. We start our school shopping this week. I have been putting it off long enough. Gotta love how fast it all adds up.

Kirstin said...

wish you could fit me in somewhere... i could really use a new swimsuit.

Anonymous said...

This post reminds me of that funny Staples commercial where the Dad is taking his kids back to school shopping with the Christmas music "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" playing in the background. So funny!