So when James and I first came to this place we call home, I'm not a bit shy about the fact that Burley, Idaho was the last place on earth I wanted to be. I don't know why, I didn't know much about this place, I just wanted to be anywhere but here. I approached the move with a "God is guiding our family" attitude and closed my eyes and loaded into the U-haul. Now, I would give anything to stay and raise our family in this humble valley. We were certainly being guided and we have landed in what James and I loving refer to as "God's Country".
One of the parts we have enjoyed and grown to love the most is our ward. Tonight was the annual Harvest Dinner and James and I always drive away wanting to know what we need to do to stay here forever. I've never come across better, salt of the earth, hardworking people than the members of our ward and if James and I could raise our kids to be like the youth of our ward we would be golden.
My kids look forward to this dinner for one reason alone. The kids decorate vegetables from their garden to display. (Our garden happens to be the produce section at Walmart...Shhhh...) Prizes are awarded and they also love seeing what the other kids have done. Unknown to us the theme this year was the Olympics. Mark and Nate showed up with a Star Wars themed display out of a potato, green pepper and squash and Livvy had a bird family out of potatoes. I guess I need to pay better attention while the announcements are being read!
Personal Revelation
8 years ago




3 comments:
How very creative, with the garden vegetables. Burly is probably somethings like what Elko, NV is, but Elko is out in the middle of no where and it takes three hours to get anywhere, so that is why we left. So that is neat that Burly is working out for you and your family. I am glad that you have put your trust in Heavenly father to lead and guide your family. We Too have moved quite a lot lately, but all times we felt that that is where heavenly father wanted us, and each time, we have met such an amazing ward and wonderful people that have helped us to grow, and I thank my heavenly father for that opportunity in my life, even though sometimes I was kind of kicking and screaming the whole way. Take care Elizabeth
Emily you are right we do live in a wonderful place. Thank you for taken Taybree last night while I finished my meal.
That is so cute! What a fun idea. Now I want to live in Burley!
Post a Comment