I know I'm officially sick when the batch of cookies I have baked the previous day hold no control over me. They don't look good and they don't even smell inviting. Now that is sick I tell you.
I've been feeling quite blah for the last 3 days, thus no witty posts. Yesterday I thought I was coming back from the dead, only to find myself living on the couch again last night. It feels like I've got one foot firmly planted in the grave and another digging to get out. Olivia told me with an air of disgust, "You sure have spent a lot of time on the couch Mom." James keeps asking, "Are you....." and I keep wanting to kick his shins for not believing my resounding "No!" and for not kissing me for the last 3 days. He has been kind enough to pat me on the head though as he heads to bed every night. He's feeling pretty plucky, as Mark brought this lovely bug home last Wednesday and it has worked its way through everyone of us but him. We'll cross our fingers I'm at 100% today. So far so good.
Personal Revelation
8 years ago




5 comments:
Emily, I'm so sorry!!! Get well soon.
I hope Olivia took over the "mothering" duties for you! At least it's a Conference weekend so you can take it easy!
I hope you are feeling better by now. I was thinking about you over the weekend.........James is next, but he is happy because the Redskins won yesterday.
Arggh! Ewww! That's my response to being sick. Yuck. What on earth do you do with the kiddos while you're down and out? I wish I was there to lend some helping hands.
Your blog always makes me laugh - such a good write you are (that was very Yoda-ish).
I am so sorry to hear your family caught such a bad bug. Although it makes for interesting reading material.
Too bad Mark is not liking soccer. Give him a few years and put him in again perhaps. Garren absolutely hated it his first year. In fact, on his first practice, he was heading down the grass field kicking the ball and triped. Meanwhile, all the other kids ultra focused, continued kicking after the ball and at Garren. Needless to say, with his very bloody nose, he had a terrible first time out. Also, his coach was an old grumpy doctor and he wasn't to nice with the kids. Every game he played that year was misery for him. His eyes were filled with tears as he constantly told us he didn't want to play. Now Garren lives for soccer and is great at it.
Bridgette
Post a Comment