Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Are You Sure We're Related?

I'm glad we only have half of these two's genetics floating around in our gene pool.
This last weekend Cody and Natosha thought it would be a 'smart' idea to toilet paper my parent's house. I don't think they took into consideration it wouldn't be my parents cleaning it up, but it would be James and I lettin' the words fly the next morning. Wait! Maybe they DID take it into consideration. Ah ha...I'm glad I'm telling this little tale.

My MIL warned them that because my parent's house was new there was nothing landscaped yet, therefore there was nothing to gently place t.p. on. They decided to persist and taking our 'don't know any better' lil' sis Rainee, wide eyed nephews Brenner and Tresden and their 30 something selves, they headed to the store where they purchased 48 rolls of cheap, hurt your unmentionables toilet paper. I can just see their pleased, Grinch like faces as they headed to their vehicle.

Trying to be discreet, the devilish group parked at the neighbors and inspected their target. They quickly learned my MIL was right----there was nothing to toilet paper. What to do? What to do? They quickly piled back into the car and headed to our unsuspecting brother Courtney's house. Here is where the tale gets not TALL, but true. In the midst of vandalizing Court's house they were surrounded by not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, but 5 police vehicles and told to, "Come out!" in a not too friendly manner. We were later told Rainee yelled to the bandits, "Run! It's the police!" I will remind you, my loyal readers, this is the daughter and sister of 2 previous peace officers. I guess she didn't learn the cops ALWAYS come out on top. After rounding the 5 fools up they were surprised to learn when they were casing the Neider's joint they had parked in front of the Chubbuck Chief of Police's home. Yep, he's my parent's neighbor. There has been a string of burglary's in the area and he and all of his officers were taking extra care to keep a watch on things. Oh the joy as I heard this story recounted! The group quickly dug their hole deep trying to explain to the cops their intentions and how yes, they did know the people living on Nathan St. and did they also know their dad Jim was a Pocatello cop for years and years and their brother James just finished up as an officer? I doubt the cops let them off for these reasons. I'm guessing they simply didn't want to write up a report about the 'cool' aunt and uncle staying up past normal human hours to string toilet paper through trees. Oh the justice of it all.

I had my own Grinchy smile the next day as I noticed a WHOLE lot of cheap toilet paper sitting snuggly in the back of their vehicle. They couldn't unload it on a single one of us...that is punishment enough don't you think?

6 comments:

Lyf2.0 said...

I am LMBO! What an awesome story! I can just picture it!

buildingburkmemories said...

oh Emily, that is so funny, I can't believe that, what a fun family, I guess it would be ok to have them in your family, I would want more of them. I love reading your stories they are so much fun, what a fun life you have. Keep them coming, oh by the way do you mike and Emily's email, do they have a blog, I saw the pics of you guys together doing the camping stuff, and I was like wow , I haven't talked to them for a long time, if you have it could I get it from you, so I can say hi to them. Thanks for your comment to on having four, it brings comfort, well take care Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

I can't believe what troublemakers Cody and Natosha are! Have you guys been busted in Las Vegas for this kind of stuff?

I can only imagine my mom waking up to a toilet papered yard......

Natosha said...

Sorry Renee. The toilet papering thing was only meant out of love. Plus we knew it would be James cleaning it up...I can't believe Whitney called us trouble makers. We would definitely not do this type of thing in Las Vegas. It's a Pocatello thing. Besides, we weren't the only ones that had the same great idea. The next morning when I was riding around with my dad, I noticed other houses that had been toilet papered also. It's kind of a tradition for Cody and I. The last time we went toilet papering in Idaho was the night before Cody's grandfather's funeral. We had about eight people with us that night, and we did some major TP damage. How mean was it for us to make Cody's sister and brother-in-law clean up toilet paper the morning of the funeral?

Anonymous said...

Natosha, have you been watching "The Office"? That reminds me of when Todd Packard leaves Michael a "package" in his office "out of love". You must have an advanced sense of humor!

Bridgette Allen said...

Even though I just want to laugh my head off about the incident, there is another part of me that feels completely humiliated for the Sellick bunch (mainly the "run, it's the cops" part by Rainee). I can't honestly say I would have been willing to go out and do such a thing for the sake of tradition. Yet, if we had been there, we would have at least supplied the toilet paper for the excursion. Natosha...you are so crazy, Garren feels so left out. I am so glad you are all soooo much fun.

(P.S. No on t.p.'s out here either. It is definetly an Idaho/Utah ordeal. In fact, no one seems to know what ice blocking is either. Of course no of the stores sell ice blocks in this part of the country either. When I mention this to people they ask what else we use ice blocks for...anyone got any brilliant responses for me? )

Bridgette