I volunteered James to coach Mark's baseball team the same day he ruptured his Achilles tendon. Karma?
Guess who's heading things up now? The truly sad thing is, this is the first year for player pitch instead of machine pitch. What could I possibly know about pitching, except that my brother Cole threw a wicked change up or that the leather string on his mitt that hangs down low drove the players and coaches on the other teams nuts?
I put out a plea to the other parents for help. In my lifetime the only girl I have personally known who could throw not like a girl lives in Burley, Idaho and is busy gardening and chasing after cows...I was hoping for 9 responses from 9 Dads.
I got a reply from one parent bowing out due to legal blindness and a wife with a traumatic brain injury.
It's going to be a long season.
I'm making them call me "Coach".




2 comments:
It's going to be so great that they will beg you to come back next year, Coach.
Oh, how awful fo ryou and James. So sorry!
Post a Comment