Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Worth Noting

So I'm a little embarrassed. I just heard Glenn Beck say, "Turn off American Idol and get involved in America." And here I am getting ready to blog about AI. Sorry Glenn, love ya, but television is my outlet. It might not be a productive outlet, but it's my outlet.


American Idol was actually good, entertaining fun last night.

Elvis...ah Elvis. I have a love/hate relationship with him. My 2nd year at Ricks found me rooming with a California Valley girl who was obsessed with all things Elvis. Night and day his music blasted through our apartment. I am convinced she believed he was still alive and looking just. for. her. She was especially fascinated with his movies, "Viva Las Vegas" to be exact. She would sit up close and personal with the television set daily, on her knees, clapping and rocking out to Elvis and his high waisted, white, shorty shorts. Sundays brought no reprieve either. I'm still trying to figure out when she went to class or ever studied or why she was even at Ricks. I'm also still trying to figure out why the other 5 of us didn't stage a coup. Seinfeld was at it's height during this time...I can't believe I didn't wrench the remote from her hands, smack her on the back of the head and state, "Devil be gone!" While I realize I am the captain of my own self, it was roommates like this that made me run home to Pocatello every weekend.

A+++++
*Crystal: Love fest-
*Lee: Tied for first in the love fest-

I would be happy to see either of these 2 win. I like them equally for different reasons. I kinda like Lee's shy, I'm just here to sing vibe. It's real and not so different than Crystal.

A+
*I can't believe I'm saying this...Tim...He did very well last night and did turn that 30,000,000 watt smile down just a tad. I found him more appealing because of it. He's still too 70's heartthrob for my taste, but I will be downloading last night's performance.

B
*I really like Casey, but last night's was just so, so. He is a modern day Huey Lewis and his hair reminds of a cover picture on a lusty loin novel, but I still like him. I wouldn't be torn up if he were voted off.

C
*Soibhan has lost all luster for me. I found her charming at first, but now I just find her grating. I'm pretty sure she's smoking a doobie before every performance. We could loose her fine.
*I like the tone and feel of Andrew's voice. He consistently keeps choosing the wrong songs. I think he could do much, much better. He's dispensable.

Just go home:
Katie, Mike, Aaron

P.S. I found out a few weeks ago the librarian for our ward is fairly adamant you ask for Books of Mormon and not Book of Mormons. I LOVE people like this. I can't wait to go get me some Book of Mormons fer my class this Sunday. I will return and report!

P.P.S. We just got an e-mail from our Bishop asking James to speak on sacrifice this Sunday...so much for a short testimony. I can't wait to watch him hobble up to the stand and deliver.

3 comments:

Josie said...

I would love to see Crystal and Lee as the top two. So-o on the same page! OH, our Bishop called and Danny is speaking this Sunday, What the atonement means to him! So glad you blogged about AI. Now we can go save America!!!

Whitney said...

Oh, Emily, you are so awesome! Is it not true that on Sundays your roomate would make you all listen to Elvis sing "gospel" music? Haha!

I'm still "thinking" by the way.

andrea said...

Hey Glen.................we can do both.