Wow...where to begin...
In the last month:
*We traveled to Twin Falls for Ali Belle's birthday. I got the cutest letter in the mail from my Belle telling me, "The only thing I want for my birthday, besides an iPod Nano, is for Tess, Olivia and you to come for my birthday. P.S. The boys can come too if they want." I couldn't pass up the opportunity to grant s
uch a wish. I let her parents provide her with the iPod and we surprised her on the front steps, all 7 of us. She was very surprised. It was fun to see her reaction. In reward for my loving behavior and in a never ending attempt to get the Sellicks to move to Twin Falls she told me, "You need to start building your house right now." I told her we needed a job in Twin Falls first and lots of money to get going on that request. Her response? "James can come work for my dad and if you need extra money you can come clean our house and be our maid." I've never seen Tim and Whitney prouder....BTW:How cute is my sister in this picture? Tess would say, "Her's cute."
uch a wish. I let her parents provide her with the iPod and we surprised her on the front steps, all 7 of us. She was very surprised. It was fun to see her reaction. In reward for my loving behavior and in a never ending attempt to get the Sellicks to move to Twin Falls she told me, "You need to start building your house right now." I told her we needed a job in Twin Falls first and lots of money to get going on that request. Her response? "James can come work for my dad and if you need extra money you can come clean our house and be our maid." I've never seen Tim and Whitney prouder....BTW:How cute is my sister in this picture? Tess would say, "Her's cute."*Became addicted to MultiGrain Eggo Waffles and Train's Hey, Soul Sister. Hey I wonder if I would love them even more if I ate a waffle while I tried to sing Hey, Soul Sister?
*James ruptured his Achilles tendon playing church ball. White men can't jump. Ok-he can jump, just not this time. He's in a cast indefinitely and I'm picking up the slack indefinitely. I am woman.
*We returned to Twin Falls the week after Ali Belle's birthday for Easter and then the kids and I went on to Pocatello for spring break. I LOVE home. Tim spoiled us with some crepes. More crepes Emily? Oui! Oui!
*Had my heart broke. The keep you up at night broke.
*Found out I like being 'asked' to do things and not 'told' to do things. My Neider Pride rears its head in these situations...I take after my father in this regard.
*Loved my father even more when after a particularly difficult meeting with a couple in his ward he came home and made a beeline for my mother, hugged her fiercely, kissed her and then turned to Tim and James and said, "Hug your wives. You've got it good."
*Came to love and appreciate James even more. Could that be possible? Yes x100. At the end of this life and far into the eternities I will count him my greatest blessing. We just work he and I. Through a variety of experiences this month we found comfort in each other.
*Discovered that American Idol this season has not captured my interest. Still watching? Religiously, but I'm just not feeling it like I did in the beginning. It's kinda like your high school boyfriend, you're infatuated in the beginning, swoon at the flowers arriving at work, but then after about a month everything he does drives you nuts, yet you want a date to the prom so you keep him around. I hope this and Simon's departure don't spell disaster with my one true television love affair. The high school reference: sad, but true. Here's to hoping said boyfriend is not blog stalking and reading about how shallow I was, although I suspect he already knows.
*Spoke in church. There were two youth speakers who each took a good 10 min. Seriously? My talk then took up the remainder of the meeting and James was invited to give a short testimony. In the words of the wise sage Napoleon Dynamite, "Lucky."
*As you can see, the last month was packed and I will be spending the next week catching my breath...oh and getting geared up to lay tile with a cripple. Should be fun.
p.s. I'm terribly sorry if the formatting is discombobulated (xoxo Sherlock Holmes). Blogspot and I have not been friends for awhile now.
p.s. I'm terribly sorry if the formatting is discombobulated (xoxo Sherlock Holmes). Blogspot and I have not been friends for awhile now.









5 comments:
We are BIG Soul sister fans! I have Will trained to clap at the ending of the song, and even little Cooper sings hey, tonight! Very Cute! Sounds busy. We came your way but I saw on Facebook that was the weekend you were in Twin. Bummer. I'll be back!
Glad you are back. I have to keep track of you........not busy at all are you.
WOW! Now I don't know where to start! It was such a fun month seeing your THREE weekends in a row. My kids can't stop talking about how great it was.
I keep meaning to have a conversation with Ali Belle about how it's not that polite to invite people to be our maid. Hasn't she figured it out by now that her and Isa are the maids around here? Actually, like Dad always says, "having Ali Belle work for you is like having two good guys quit".
Thanks for spending your weekends with us! <3
Hey Emily. It's fun to hear the update from your past month. It looks like a lot of fun. I'm sad we didn't get a chance to see you one of those weekends. Hopefully we'll get a chance again soon. Tell everyone Hi from us. Love you guys:)
We need to get our princesses together!!! What's a good midway point? If not, I'll come all the way.
Post a Comment