Do you remember my smug post about the perfect diver's license picture? The one where I bragged and bragged about taking Golden Boy James to his old place of work and being greeted with open arms and being allowed to take as many pictures as I wanted until I was happy with the results? The one where I fawned all over myself and how I had finally gotten rid of my old, pregnant faced license and was granted a license worthy to publish in People's 100 Most Beautiful People issue?
Pride cometh before the fall...
James was doing our taxes this week and noticed my license had expired back in October (prepregnancy may I remind you) and I needed to quick fast go renew it, not because he is a law abiding citizen with cop blood still pulsing through his veins, but because he wants a bank account that is actually in the black. Ugh!
This visit to the DMV was much, much different with much sadder results. I should have taken Golden Boy. The lady behind the counter was your stereotypical, happy, go-lucky DMV employee and could barely choke out a 'Hello'. The only question she managed to ask me was, "Should I keep the weight listed on your license?" Was she hinting at something? I'm usually not one of those "Hey EVERYONE! I'm pregnant!" kind of gals, but I sure was at that moment in time. She eyed my skeptically. Because my beloved Burley has yet to step into this century they do not have the ability to transfer your old, in the system picture to your new license and I was therefore required to take ONE brand spanking new PREGNANT picture to enjoy for the next 4 years.
Oh the misery, wailing and gnashing of teeth.
And again....pride cometh before the fall.
Personal Revelation
8 years ago




4 comments:
Ah.....I'm sad for you. Post it for us so we can all see what you're talking about.
I know what you mean Em..........when I had to get a new pic for my Culpeper license, I just gagged. Whenever I have to show it, I always say -- I know I'm cuter than this. Ha Ha Rich once put a blueman picture over my picture and I didn't even notice, nor did the clerk. Another Ha Ha. Good luck. Glad you are feeling better.
Yeah, I'm with Whitney. Why don't you post it so we can all weigh in with our own opinions.
I had the dream DMV photographer last time and he let me take photo after photo. But, I still ended up hating my picture. Boo.
You always make me laugh. I love your writing.
You better post a pic of your new license... just so we can be sure...
Post a Comment