I wasn't especially in love with any of the performances last night. The judges created a great deal of buzz about Adam Lambert, the guy who sang last. It was just tooooo much for me and I was a little wore out by the end. Drama, drama, drama. Give him a bigger hairdo and with the makeup and clothing he would fit in nice and tight with any of the glam hair bands of the 80's. Whitesnake, Poison, Cinderella-he could front them all. I don't care what the guy can do with his voice it's just too much...or manic as Randy (or was it Simon?) said. I have, however, prepared myself for the knowledge he will be in the top 3 tonight. The judges speak and it's a given.
Not a great night, but regardless of their performances, I did like:
Matt Giraud
Allison Iraheta
Jesse Langseth
Megan Corkrey
I will be fine if any of these girls get through. I did like Jesse's 'Betty Davis Eyes', of course I've always loved the song so I maybe swayed. I will literally self-combust if Norman Gentle gets through either tonight or as a wild card. You will find my ashes spread throughout Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland.
Personal Revelation
8 years ago




5 comments:
I thought Adam Lambert was pretty entertaining, but to me, he looks like the fourth Jonas Brother. Do we need anymore? I think you are right though, he will make it through, and so will Allison. I really liked her. She was so good and it seemed effortless. I hope the third is either Megan or the young man who sang "Man in the Mirror".
P.S. I think Norman Gentle is done.
I was hating american idol last night until Allison sang her song. I thought she was great. I also loved Kris and Megan. I would love to see any of them get in. With Adam I initially hated it. I thought it was way too theatrical. By the end of the song though, I was begining to like him. I used my DVR to watch it back a few more times and now have to admit that I am a fan. I think he would be a great addition to the top 12. My hope for top three tonight is Adam, Allison and Kris. I thin hope that Megan makes it through on the wild card show.
I agree with all your picks... Last night stunk a big stinker...
I like that girl with the tattoo running UP and DOWN her arm.
Post a Comment