Sunday, June 1, 2008

J&E = 4EVR

James and I celebrated our 12th anniversary this weekend in style. We hired a sitter for the night, yep the whole night, and took off to Twin Falls not to return until this morning. It was the most pleasant getaway of my little life. We got the 'King Mezzanine Spa Room' at a brand new hotel in Twin and hunkered down for some much needed relaxation. This was accomplished by the HUGE spa tub in an upstairs loft overlooking our room and its accompanying big screen television. We were livin' the high life, sparkling Red Grape Juice and all. I have to admit it was the nicest room we have ever stayed in...Happy anniversary to us!

James teasingly told me he wanted 12 surprises for 12 years, which I was happy to provide. I had fun coming up with all of his surprises, especially the box of Cracker Jacks. They do come with a prize in everyone you know! James surprised me with the Queen Bee bead to add to my Pandora bracelet. This is my newest craze, along with my mother and sisters. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my bracelet. It joins my 'Lots of Love' bead, baby carriage bead, and birthstone bead. Now I just need about 15 more baubles and I'm set. The Queen Bee has been my favorite from the jump and I was tickled to get it. Don't those of us of the female persuasion all think of ourselves as the Queen Bee? I certainly do.

The best part of our evening was laughing and talking about our last 12 years together and relishing in the knowledge that we have never been unhappy. Have we had our share of below the belt punches? Of course! Yet we have managed to maintain a deep happiness with one another that we couldn't imagine sharing with anyone else. To share something personal-In James' card to me he wrote, "If eternity is half as good as the past wonderful 12 years, I can't wait."

Favorite Wedding Memories:
*Driving to the Logan Temple together and seeing all of the spider webs covered in dew on the reeds as we drove into town.
*Sitting in a sealing room across the hall from the actual room we were to be sealed in, holding hands and giggling at each other (yes James giggled) not believing we were finally going to be sealed to each other.
*Not being allowed to look at James during the ceremony and dying to.
*My dad blowing his nose in my veil after the ceremony.
*Loving my friends and family who came.
*Ripping up the sign that Colleen had written and placed on our bed at our house a few days earlier...we were official!








I raise my glass of grape juice to you all in a toast, "Here's to Eternity!"

6 comments:

Josie said...

Happy anniversary!! Here is my memory of your wedding... Speeding to Logan and getting a ticket making us more late and sneaking into the sealing room trying not to be noticed!! I always think I haven't changed much until I look at my wedding photos, and you look like a little girl! James too (a little girl!).

Kirstin said...

I was wondering where you were... I missed your delightful new posts! I have never heard of that charm bracelet before and would love to see a picture of your whole bracelet. Maybe not though, I might be tempted to have one too. I remember your reception and lunch too. You were so beautiful and James so dashing. I don't know what Josie is talking about. :) You forgot to mention the other eleven of your surprises...I'm sure they're much more interesting than the cracker jacks. Perhaps something to do wiht xoxoxoxo. I loved reading how you enjoyed talking about the last twelve years. James must be an agreeable conversationalist. Lucky!

Anonymous said...

Your wedding picture is so cute! I remember that Tim was my date to your wedding. I have a picture of us drinking punch there and we look like 12-year-olds!

Kirstin, join our Pandora bracelet club! We are all getting a "Neider Chick" charm. It's this cutest little chicken. You need a "Neider Chick" too!

Emily, do you love how Kirstin and I communicate through your blog?

Kirstin said...

I love it.

heidi said...

Love the wedding picture!

Anonymous said...

I love this post. For some reason it made me get choked up. Maybe it's because I'm just starting to get a glimpse at the happiness that lies ahead in a life time with Mike.

Big congrats on 12 years!