Could there be a more perfect summer day than one spent at a lake? The Sellicks went to Twin Falls and joined the Hopkins at Bass Lake. It is located deep in the canyon and is surrounded by a golf course. The view was perfect (except for some incredibly unsavory bikinis), the kids were occupied and the conversation was spirited. Whits and I had some deep discussions about "A Man for All Seasons" and our thoughts on Thomas More. We are both still trying to reach a conclusion on that one. Whitney, ever the good sport, took the kids on two separate canoe rides. Me, the unpregnant one, waved at them from the shore. She wins the "Good Mom" prize today, although I come in a close second for fitting in 4 hrs. at the lake and a baseball game all in one day. While some may scoff at such a feat, it is a feat to me just the same. I can barely keep my eyes open as I type this. It also amazes me that kids can bury themselves in imported sand in good ol' Idaho...they don't need no stinkin' California beaches to have fun!
Side note: Why is it that I can look at myself naked in the mirror, blush a little, feel pride in the the 4 babies this body has carried and yet still admit that I should probably not go with the bikini to the lake and there are dozens of women out there who cannot reach the same conclusion? For heaven's sake! Spare my burning eyes and the splitting seams of the poor bikinis being tortured.
See slide show to the right to enjoy our day.
Personal Revelation
8 years ago




6 comments:
Thanks for joining us! We had so much fun.
We all know the reason you didn't go on the canoe ride is you have a little Tessie who is probably better off staying ashore!
OK, that last comment was me. I didn't mean to be "anonymous".
I was feeling so bummed there weren't pictures, but you totally redeemed yourself at the end. You look like you had such a great day at the lake. Your beaches and water look pristine. Good times, good times.
I get it Em, what is wrong with so many women?
I am so jealous that you guys went to the lake. I wish I could have been there, and wish we lived closer so we could join all the fun. Cody and I were celebrating our 10 year anniversary. We didn't do much because we are going to have the real celebration in Tahiti next week.
Tahiti! Where was our invite? Everyone needs their brother and his wife along for their anniversary celebration. Nothing says "I love you honey" like relatives in the room next door. We'd even splurge on some sparkling grape juice.
Happy Anniversary! BIG hugs and kisses from your favorites.
Post a Comment