Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Boy Versus Girl

Our regular sitter Bridgette is at basketball camp this week in Utah, so I have lined up her 12 year old brother Brandon to come and watch the younger three kids while Olivia and I are at a stake Activity Day gathering. I visit teach their mother and Brandon popped in to say hi and we were talking about watching the kids and I told him I didn't know whether or not I would leave Tess. He plainly told me it was fine to leave her, as I had told him it would be during her nap time and she would likely sleep a majority of the 2 1/2 hrs. that I will be gone. I then asked the GOLDEN question: "What happens if she poops her diaper?" Without batting an eye and as serious as global warming he said, "She'll be fine. It's only 2 hours." He was drop dead serious too. No joking going on. Only a 12 year old boy would not worry about a baby cruising around in a poopy diaper and could also live with the smell for 'only 2 hours'. His mother came to his rescue and told him to call if said diaper occurs. I still haven't decided if I'm leaving her...

3 comments:

Natosha said...

As serious as Global Warming ehh? Now that's pretty darn serious. I am currently reading "The Politically Incorrect Guide to Global Warming." We need to get together and talk politics sometime. Like you, I am completely addicted to Rush, Hannity, and my all time favorite, Glenn Beck. In relation to the poopy diaper comment, I would probably say the same thing as the 12 year old boy.

Twisted Sister said...

I agree, two hours isn't that long. :-) Sometimes I do the same thing when I'm watching my friends children, then when she shows up I sniff, and say, "Wow, he must have just pooped!"

heidi said...

Leave her. This could be a wonderful life changing experience for him.