You know the story we hear all the time in church about the boy running the race who trips and falls and then gets back up, just to trip again, but still finishes the race? I feel like that will be me this week and there better be some applause on Saturday, even if it's only me clapping.
Ryan and Colleen are doing a fireworks stand this
week and I will have their 4 kids until Saturday. Tess' picture aptly portrays my emotion as I watched Colleen drive off and I thought about the millions of plates of food I will be preparing this week. The food is bought, the tent is up and the kids are excited. May your thoughts, prayers and the force be with me for the next 6 days. I think I'm-a-gonna need it. If we can make it through the baby battle royale with Tess and Chase, then the race will be won, hopefully without too many trips to account for. I can hear the applause already.
Personal Revelation
8 years ago




7 comments:
Seriously Emily, how were you talked into this arrangement? Well, they do look fairly calm in the picture, but I know you will be hammered by the end of the week. Rich and I once babysat Shawn and Camille for three days and I never wanted children after that. Ha Ha I dressed Shawn and told him not to go near the wading pool next door. The next thing I knew he was standing in it. Shoes and all.
Ok girl..............we will watch for your next post. Hopefully you will be alive to post.
I'm not sure how I got roped into it. They fed me some 'special' brownies and asked me to help at a time of weakness.
Haha... give us daily updates!
Where is their fireworks stand?
I love so many things about this post. I'm also so glad it's you and not me. I seem to have my hands full with just one.
The stand is in Clearfield and as of Tuesday evening, I am still alive, twitching, but alive.
You're wonderful Emily. Sometimes when BYUI kids tell me they are from a family of 11 or 10, I feel like sending their mother flowers! When I have something hard, I keep repeating, "I can do this for a short time (or for 6 days!) The thing that makes me mad is that you can't come to IF for the 4th! Camille is coming and was disappointed you aren't! Love you!
I will certainly miss my Camille! She's one of the best. How could I possible transport 8 kids and do the whole day with a good sport of a husband at work all day? In the words of Vizzini from Princess Bride "Inconceivable!" We will be celebrating our own little way Friday with the kids all going to bed on time at 8:00. James and I will then proceed to create our own fireworks. Oh wait, I must have been eating some more of those 'special' brownies.
Post a Comment