My cousin Kirstin has started a Blogger Book Club with the first book (play) for June being "A Man for All Seasons". You're invited to join in and discuss this with us at Blogger Book Club. I ordered my used copy online from Amazon for way cheap. Come one! Come All!
Personal Revelation
8 years ago




9 comments:
LOVE the new look!
I love the look, too! What is this book about? Perhaps I will join in. I have about 10 books on my "to read" list though!
Kirstin says it's a play and a fairly quick read. Join us! Me and you love to talk books.
P.S. Are the words hard to read? I was trying to decide if I was going to stick with this background depending on how easy things are to see on it-Thoughts?
Me again-The play is about Thomas More and his dealings with Henry VIII, which works in well with my current readings.
I can see the text really well. I say stick. Whitney, you can check the movie out at your local library. If I describe it, it won't sound as interesting as it is and then you won't read it. Em is right, though. It deals with Henry VIII dumping Catherine for Anne ... Since Sir Thomas Moore has a respectable reputation, King Henry wants him to sanction the...bluh, bluh, bluh. Just read it.
I would love for Emily's friends and family to join in.
Hey, Girls! Little story for ya:
Today, I had to bring Tim his spare keys to his car because he locked his set in (he's been known to do that from time to time). So I decided since I had to go out anyway and would be passing Barnes and Noble I would just go check for this book. I was very intrigued and bought it. When Kirstin said we would want our own copy to make notes in the margins, I knew I must have it. I started reading the preface at the stoplights on the way to Tim's office. It seems really interesting and like something I would enjoy. When I pulled up to Tim's office he came out to the car and saw the open book lying in the passenger seat, he asked, "Were you just reading and driving at the same time?" I had to say, "Kinda."
Anyway, that was a long story to tell you that I now have the book and will be reading it!
Love it Whitney, glad you got there safely!
Em, love the new look. Keep it, I can read your stuff really well.
Kirst, thanks for getting this book club thing going. I am very excited.
Very impressive, Whitney. I've always thought you could do anything.
Post a Comment