The Neider Clan had another good weekend together and I'm wishing I wasn't home typing this, but still with my family chewin' the fat. My Uncle Darryl is opening a Five Guys restaurant in Midvale, Utah and Saturday was a training day for their employees, so family and friends were invited to come help with the training. I decided that was a good reason to head to Utah and then spend Father's Day all together. Everyone seemed to like the idea and to Utah we headed. We were lucky enough to get to see Kirsten and Mike and their darling kids, Rosy and Mike, Grandma Donut, Natalie and Dustin and Darryl and Anna Marie. It was a mini-family reunion. The food was great, but the conversation was better. James and I might do a triathlon now after talking to Kirstin about her and Mike's experience. I'm still trying to decide if I'm brave enough.
Sunday was spent hanging with the fam at Ryan and Colleen's. We always enjoy being together
and doing nothing but visiting and telling stories. It was nice to be with my dad on Father's Day. He's a good one I tell you! The weekend was also a hit, as James and I found a baby hiking backpack through KSL classifieds and were able to buy an almost brand new carrier for a steal of a deal. We've got some hiking to do and Tess will now be riding in style. We got to take Grandma home on the way to pick up the backpack and that was fun to listen to her and James exchange witty remarks back and forth. That ol' bird is smart as a whip. Nothing gets past her and I was amazed she kept up with James. I had a 'moment' when I went inside her home and saw the table I ate many a breakfast at on Boyd St. in Pocatello. I have not seen that table for a long time and it made me mighty homesick for my Gramps and a bowl of cereal. After seeing my teary eyes Grandma offered to let me take one of the chairs home and I almost took her up on the offer. I need to eat some gunpowder and cowboy up a little bit. I'm such a boob my Grandma is offering me the furniture from her home! It was a good way to spend Father's Day though, with the father of my children, my own father and sweet memories of a Grandpa whom I admired and loved fiercely. Good times.
Personal Revelation
8 years ago




5 comments:
Is there any person more generous than Grandma? There have been several times I have been at her house where I happen to remark on one of her artifacts or feel sentimental about something and she wants to give it to you. I'm going to be like that when I'm a grandma.
I miss Grandpa, too. I can't believe he has been gone so long. Whenever we would visit his house, he would take us to the grocery store to pick out our own box of cereal. I always chose "Cookie Crisp". How did Grandpa know that a box of cereal would be such a special treat for us kids? Our own house only had boring stuff like Cheerios and Rice Krispies!
Great post Em.......what a fun weekend too. Grandma was so thrilled to be with the gang......more memories in the making. What fun family times.
Dang you, Emily!!! I had my eye on that very backpack and you stole it right out from under me. Oh, I'll get you back some day, some how. Just you wait...
Sorry Kirstin! It is in fabulous condition and we had to jump on it. You can come to Burley and borrow it anytime you want. We'll take you on a hike somewhere around our beautiful area and Alcy and Tess can take turns.
P.S. I've been spelling your name wrong-much apologies!
You know I love you. Careful, KSL Classifieds is as addictive as blogging. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to come hiking with you.
Post a Comment