Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The DAVIDS

Are you ready for this...get ready...

I thought David C. totally ROCKED tonight. Since we are down to the final two I will declare myself for David C. I loved his performances tonight, especially "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For". James and I also both liked his 2nd song and the quicker tempo, a thing he doesn't do too often. I hope he is still 'standing in his truth', as Paula said, tomorrow. However, we both think David A. could walk away with the title thanks to the judges. Their over the top praise confused us. We would like to know who the producers feel would make them the most money. Over and over tonight I kept trying to decide if I would go to a David A. concert. No way-no how. How boring would that be? As of right now, in his young life, he just isn't experienced enough as a performer. Give him a few years and some more polishing and I think he could be great. He'll know to keep his eyes open, to quit licking his swollen lips, what to do with his unoccupied hand, how to control his breathing better and how to not act as if he is going to faint on the stage. I really felt bad for him and was waiting for Ryan Seacrest to ask if there was a doctor in the house. At this point in time he is a 'nah' for me. James put our thoughts into one simple phrase, "I would buy a whole album of David C.'s before I would buy one song of David A.'s."

Think of me tomorrow night at Whitney's AI party. I hope it's as great a night as the last 2 yrs. I need me another great Daughtrey/Live moment.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily, you have always been known to "stand in your truth" as well. I really appreciate that about you.

I, too, was wondering about all the praise for Archuleta. I went in thinking Cook would win, but it seemed like Simon was trying to talk everyone into the fact that Archuleta was the winner and I came away thinking he must be right. It doesn't matter at this point, whoever the winner is, Cook will sell more records. I won't be buying one, myself.

Christine said...

We are so different when it comes to our opionion on tonights performances. I just finished watching and I only liked Cook's first performance. I thought the other two were boring. I love David A. like a silly teenage girl.

Josie said...

I really felt like David A. had a great night. I think he really did sound good on the first and last song. Vocally, he has the better voice. Personality on stage, David C. but he was boring to me last night. Liked the U-2 song, but it dragged (too slow). I think he should have done something with more wow factor on the last song. Oh, and Danny's grandma (a big AI fan) said she heard David C. had encephalitis! That is why his head is enlarged! That is what she said, I don't know her source. Anyway, David A. will win,(Danny's aunt voted for everyone in the house last night!) but I heard the AI contract is terrible and they own you so I think David C. will be better off if someone else signs him. Anyway there is my two cents, have fun at the party!

Josie said...

I must be into gossip right now, but I just read on MSNBC that an "inside source" to AI said the producers want David C. to win because David A. comes with his own agenda (his dad). They think David C. would be more manageable.

Twisted Sister said...

Loved the first U2 song myself, but that was it... for both singers. Mike completely agreed with the judges on the gushing over Archuleta though. I missed it, however, I don't vote.

Natosha said...

It seems like the judges were praising David A. because they want him to be the winner. I wonder if they are hoping to cash in on his marketability towards the younger population. David A. is amateur in his performances, and is in no way deserving of the AI title. The judges over-zealous praises of him only diminish the credibility of the show. I was not completely wowed by David C., but I like his voice enough to by an album. No one will ever compare to my all-time favorite...Daughtry.

andrea said...

We are a house divided in Virginia. Rich wants David C and I want David A. Actually we are watching the final right now. I like both, but come on that rocker has no personality -- no swoon factor. Okay okay -- David A has little personality and zero swoon factor, but he does have the big voice. It's always amazing when someone has such a talent. Pary on Idaho fans.