Anyone within 10 miles of the Hopkins' home tonight heard the most outrageous uproar ever produced as 5 little girls yelled, shrieked and chanted at the television after hearing tonight's AI results. There was wailing and gnashing of teeth in its purest form in Twin Falls. I'm sure if David A. could have fully expressed himself upon hearing the results he would have been stomping right along with the Darlings of Idaho.
We, like my Aunt Andrea, were a house divided tonight. Whitney, Olivia and I had all solidly formed a line behind David C. and were hoping he was still standing in his truth at the end of the night, not necessarily because we love him, but because it's always fun to have someone to root for. Isa, Ali Belle and their friends Phoebe, Georgiana and Madeline were all rooting for David A. His boyish good looks had won them over a long time ago and they are a smitten little bunch. After hearing the results one would have thought the OJ Simpson trial had just finished. They were screaming, and 'booing' and began to chant (in Attica style), "David C. doesn't sing! He just makes noise!" This phrase is still running through my head. When I threatened to get them shirts that said, "I LOVE DAVID C." One darling quickly replied, "His head wouldn't fit on the shirt." Now there's a quick wit!
Our night started out great with pizza and lots (and lots) of high energy. After about the first 15 min. Whits and I realized we weren't going to hear much over the chattering of 6 little girls and we were glad they banished themselves upstairs to watch the show without being shushed. Our best moment of the night came when a lingerie commercial came on and we heard all of them gasp, 'ooo', yuck and blah themselves through the commercial. Isa asked the question women have been asking themselves for centuries, "Who would want to go out in that?" Whitney and I were in tears...I should go get that exact outfit right now and save it for her bridal shower. What do you say Whits? Anyway-we enjoyed the night. We spent the whole night wishing that other idols had gone further and lamenting how we could have liked 'so and so' much better than the Davids. You can't live on 'what ifs' though. My heart skipped a beat when I saw Michael Johns. Still love him. Poor Amanda looked like she was thinking "Anywhere but here. Anywhere but here. Anywhere but here." If she could have produced some red, ruby slippers I'm sure she would have been clicking away. We're still trying to figure out how David Hernandez got his sleeves on over his guns and how he kept them from ripping. Jason C. and Brooke looked as awkward as ever, cute, but awkward and when I saw Chikezie I felt sad he left so early.
I love the combination of celebrities and the idols. It always makes for great television. We LOVED Carrie Underwood and were a bit confused about George Michael's appearance. He still has a great voice and we liked his performance, but not much about the poor fool says 'High Quality, Family Entertainment'. Our 2nd favorite moment of the night was Gladys Knight and the Pips. How funny was that? Putting Ben Stiller, an earnest Jack Black and a smooth Robert Downey Jr. together as the Pips was genius. Loved it.
After the confetti dropped, the tears were cried and the parents hugged I forgot all of my angst about the last season of AI. I still love it and will continue to be a devote fan. It is great television and it is such a fun process to watch as the contestants get whittled down to the final American Idol. Next January seems like a long time away...until then my fellow AIers...
Personal Revelation
8 years ago




5 comments:
Loved the show last night! Of course I was dissapointed in the results, but we'll see them both again for sure. Jan. does seem a long way away to wait for Idol again. It's been fun reading your posts every week about idol. Thanks for all your insight
Oh, my word! I think the "Karnation Intimate Apparel" commercial was the highlight of my night. We also heard from the peanut gallery, "Where exactly are you suppose to wear an outfit like that?"
My next highlight would be Gladys Knight and the Pips. That was so funny! I wish I could see that again!
I don't really care about the results. It was just a really fun show. January does seem so far away!
I'm confused...I don't know anything about these so called "outfits" you guys are talking about??? I must be sheltered, living in Las Vegas and all...
Emily, I am sending your M&M's like I agreed. Pleassssse don't make me dig back through the posts to see what exactly I am supposed to send. Make it easy for me I beg. Oh, and tell me your address too.
Carrol, I think you agreed to send me something too. You know to make up for the meanest aunt comment. I'm with Christine and Gabe...............we wanted David A. Oh well. I did love Amanda's performance too. Ha Ha Ha. It was like the Hansen reunion talent show on her part.
Thanks for all of your posts Emily.
Post a Comment