Wednesday, May 14, 2008

We're Experiencing a Slight Delay

I haven't known what to post about last night's AI performances, so I took the morning to think about things. My apologies.

James and I are trying to figure out if we have a problem here at the ol' Burley Homestead. We didn't like any of the performances last night except for Syesha's "If Not You". We generally do concede that David A. can sing, but just don't have a taste for his style. We felt last night produced some of the worst performances by both Davids, yet the judges were falling all over themselves with praise for David C. What gives? Is our television broke? Is James' stereo system that he has invested thousands of dollars in on the fritz? We are perplexed...

David A. clearly showed his inexperience and lack of performing abilities last night. He had no control over 2 of the songs chosen for him last night and it showed and the one song he did have control over produced a very weak attempt at sounding current and hip. I have always loved "Longer" by Dan Fogelberg, every last corny word of it, but David made it sound sooooo bad I even hated it last night.

James and I didn't like anything about David C. last night. Are you surprised? He is NOT a melodic singer, as shown by "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face". Again, is our TV broke? Did others of you out there hear something different? Also, he starts every song the same, slow, breathy, sexy (?) and then teases you that he is really going to speed things up, but keeps the song at a moderate pace. Blah, Blah, Blah!

We did give a first rate attempt at giving Syesha our votes last night. Our biased opinion helped us feel like she put forth a decent effort. While James and I watched last week's episode of Lost we voted our little hearts out. We easily put in over a 100 votes between us and I know it will be those 100 votes that will launch Syesha to the final 2. Be prepared for an upset tonight. I can (kinda) feel it in my bones. I say 'kinda' to give myself that small chance of being wrong. It does happen. Which reminds me of a story...

James arrested a drunk kid awhile ago and his fly was down. After talking to him for a little bit James told him, "Hey I noticed your fly was down". The kid looked down and then in an ever so calm, nonchalant way replied, "It happens".

I'm going to use this phrase as my ray of hope throughout the day. Syesha making it to the final 2 could happen...


Side note: The pants never got zipped back up...he was too drunk to care or be embarrassed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, David Archuletta can NOT sing the phonebook. He was so silly singing that Chris Brown song. It is a side to him that I think we should have been exposed to a LONG time ago. If so, he wouldn't still be there.

I really cannot get excited about David Cook. His singing and arrangement of songs is interesting at best for me.

At this point, I am rooting for Syesha. I think she is adorable and turning out to be quite the performer. I didn't find her second and third performances as bad as the judges. I think she is an entertainer and has a nice voice. I usually agree with what SImon has to say but I hate it when he tells people to "pack their bags" or "you'll regret this performance tomarrow." It's like he's trying to tell us how it should be and trying to make it come true!

Natosha said...

I was only allowed to watch the first round of songs before Cody began protesting. I thought David A. and David C. both sounded pretty bad. Syesha was definitely the best, but I didn't get a chance to vote because I was too busy voting for Mark's (Allen)cousin who performed on Dancing With the Stars last night...As for the unzipped fly situation, Cody, Courtney, and I went to visit Cody's 95 year old grandpa (before he passed away) and we noticed his fly was down. Cody kindly leaned over and told him he was about to let the cows out (an expression I've never heard before), and to our surprise Cody's grandpa replied, "If they can't get up, they can't get out."

Emily Rae said...

Still laughing Tosh.....

Anonymous said...

I totally dug David C. just so you all know. The other two... blah.

-Carrol