I came to the sad conclusion tonight that I am no longer watching AI because I have a favorite in which I have a vested interest in. My American Idol was voted off 4 weeks ago. I am now watching because I am a loyal fan and I want to see the final outcome. I don't even have a preference between the Davids as I really don't like either's style. I feel like I need to go to some narcotics anonymous or AA meeting with a 12 step program where I can stand at the front and admit, "Hi. My name is Emily Sellick and I'm an American Idol junkie, but I don't have a favorite and at this point in time I don't care who wins." Everyone repeat after me, "Hi Emily." Which step involves apologizing to those you've hurt? I will now complete that step...I'm sorry. I will however continue to critique performances with about as much gusto as one can have without having a favorite.
The Head: Besides making Ryan Seacrest look like the 5th Hobbit in search of the ring, he tries too hard...especially with his 'hungry like the wolf" look he peered at the camera with. Yikes! With his efforts he ends up overdoing the whole rocker thing. Both songs were boring and "Baba O'Riley" was tooooo slow and quite dull. A note to Paula...Ugh with the comments to David tonight. What planet did you just get back from? "Humbled to watch your soul," and "Big appetite for you". I can't rightly ever vote for someone who makes Paula have a big appetite.
Syesha: For me, by far, was the best tonight. She actually performed and sounded good. She looked gorgeous and sexy during "Proud Mary". Who knew she had such long legs? Is it ok for me to say she looked sexy? Can I appreciate a beautiful girl? I disagree with Simon, I thought she did great with "Proud Mary".
Jason C: After we lost Michael I had high hopes for this guy. I prefer his music vibe to any of the other ones left standing. I thought his stuff was not as big a mess as the judges did. It was fine to me, but I know he won't go to the end so I have lost interest. My dear cousin Jeremy thinks he looks like Minnie Driver, I however disagree and stick with a young John Travolta with dreds. He's not too bad to look at once you get past the stalactites hanging from his pretty little head.
David A: Fine. He always rearranges his songs so much they loose their original greatness. The gasping has got to quit too. I'm banking on him winning the finale...it's in the stars.
Tomorrow we get a performance from one of my favs Bo Bice. I always had mixed emotions about his hair. Sometimes it looked like it needed a good ol' trim and then other times I quite liked it. Let's hope he has his same charm tomorrow night.
Just a reminder of why I love Bo Bice. This is simple done right.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5D8ixbEShBA
Personal Revelation
8 years ago




3 comments:
You are hilarious! I have to say that I love David A. I know me and every other teenage girl, but I feel like out of everyone that's left, he has a unique sound of no one that's on the radio right now. It may be because I loved the boy band era and I am trying to relive my younger years. I agree that Syesha sounded awesome tonight and she looked beautiful too. Jason bugs me and I just want to wash his hair when I look at him. David C. aka the head is too cocky for me, but I am sure we will hear him on the radio. He's no daughtry...that's for sure. My girls are sad because they loved Brooke. I want to get tickets for the idols tour. I went a few years ago at the delta center and it was a great show.
I was bored during the whole thing. I too was watching just so I could see what was going to happen. What was Jason C. thinking? Can we just do the stupid dance for him now? I liked his singing, but he has gone down hill since the Over the Rainbow song. Syesha did a great job and I hope she stays on. I would like to see her and David A. final two. I think they are the only ones who really can sing out of the four.
Oh my gosh Emily...You are quite possibly the most funny, clever person I have ever known in my life. I read your blog religiously, but I rarely take the time to comment because I could honestly make a comment back to everything you say. Sometimes I have too much to say, and I get a little overwhelmed so instead, I say nothing...As for American Idol, I'm so over it. I too absolutely loved Daughtry. Not only is his voice amazing, but that bald head...Yum! Nobody will ever compare.
Post a Comment