Sunday, May 18, 2008

Backyard Baseball

Sometimes I love last minute ideas and spontaneous actions. I woke with a whim in my heart and mind this morning and decided to act on it. I knew Ryan and Colleen were on their way home from Boise, Whits and Tim are always up for a Sunday drive, Mom and Dad are suckers for their grandkids and that Cole and Tristan were with M & D and would be happy to come along for a drive. I enticed everyone with chocolate mayo cake and backyard baseball and to my happy delight EVERYONE took me up on it. As kids we used to play backyard baseball and it has been far too long since we've had a fun game. The little guys were all good for one hit and then were off playing, but the girls and men (and me) stuck it out and hit some good ones. I wish we could all just live in a row like Steed Row in 'The Work and the Glory'. If I had a billion dollars that would be my one wish...I'd support us all and we could play backyard baseball any summer night we wanted to. Great Day. Great Fun. Great Memories.

Livvy gets some throwing pointers from Uncle Tim and James.







Isa is the prettiest ballplayer I've ever seen.















Grammy and Tess enjoy the show.















Liv's got good form.
















Dad forgets which sport we are playing and resurrects the ol' Highland Football photo op. Go Dad!













Tim returns to home plate triumphant after the 1st home run of the night. Notice Cole in the background jumping across the ditch to go retrieve the ball.










Ali Belle gets ready to whack the ball.















The ever shrinking Ryan shows us his moves...Wow...that's all I have to say...Wow...













Jack owns the home plate.










Two pretty cute sisters if you ask me. Chase is cute too ; )








Our two little mascots Tess and Chase.










Poor Whits had a terrible migraine today, so I saved her from any photo opportunities, the little boys didn't give us very many photo ops as they were off playing in the dirt and I'm saving Cole's best sports moment of the night for a post later this week...

4 comments:

andrea said...

Emily................fun day with the gang. It was great to see the pics of everyone. I especially liked "Dad" forgetting which sport he was playing. and then I question? What no water fights?

Anonymous said...

A water fight never even occurred to us. Everyone was having enough fun!

I know Emily took a couple of pictures of me.....I must have looked horrible so that was nice of her to spare me.

I'm glad Dad still has his baseball AND football skills!

Twisted Sister said...

I'm jealous, how fun!

Kirstin said...

Beautiful family! I'm going to copy and try and throw one down low. It just looked so fun.