I just got done watching Steve Carell in "Dan in Real Life". I wasn't quiet sure
what to expect and was pleasantly surprised to find a sweet, simple love story. It was refreshing to see Steve Carell in such a low key performance. We are big Steve Carell fans at this house. Often times when you get personalities, say like Robin Williams or Jim Carrey, they have a hard time turning off their in your face personalities. Not so with this movie. It is a love story about a widower with 3 daughters and a hope for more to life than what he is currently living. Dan makes for a sympathetic, lovable character who you really want to see succeed. His extended family also makes for a good/fun part to the story. With James working graveyard right now, he watched it last night while he stayed up late to prep for his weekend of work. He enjoyed it as well for all you fellas out there. If you haven't seen this flick it is worth looking into.
P.S. The soundtrack adds a lot to the movie and was sweet and simple just like the story. I quickly downloaded my favorites.
Personal Revelation
8 years ago




1 comments:
Tim and I both enjoyed this movie as well. At our next family reunion I want to do family aerobics together. That cracked me up!
By the way, Emily, I enjoyed your "Lonesome Dove" quotes. Tim's favorite quote is when Call is harassing Gus about their sign and at the bottom it says, "We don't rent pigs" and Gus says something about how a man who rents pigs can't be stopped. You'll have to research that one for me and find the exact quote.
Post a Comment