I'm so happy that Spring Break for our kids does not involve a trip to
Mexico, Florida or some other unsavory party location. They were quite content to be here in good ol' Burley, Idaho and Twin Falls. We split our time between the 2 locations and had a cousins spring break. Fun for one and all! I love the idea of my children and their cousins being able to say, "We were raised like brothers and sisters." This last week could certainly attest to that. Whits and I were amazed at the lack of conflict that existed, which of course does not prove there won't be next time we are all together! We just happened to get them at a good time.
For the most part the kids watched Scooby Doo and did Perler beads (http://www.perlerbeads.com/). I'm telling you if you have kids from about 4 on up, these bead sets are the thing to have and thus get our stamp of approval.
They literally played with these for a week straight. I'm adding them to my birthday gift list for kids as they have been such a hit with ours. I bought ours and a set for Ali Belle's b-day at Wal-mart. Now Scooby Doo on the other hand has been a whole other story. My kids LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Scooby Doo. It sucks
them in every time and it doesn't matter how many times they've seen it, they still laugh like it's brand new. The only problem is, Shaggy and Scooby have a small problem with bodily noises and dedicate 5 min. scenes to such matters. Nate, thinking that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, cannot quit copying them. It doesn't matter when or where, he finds it highly funny, as do his brother, sister and daddy. Shame on you three!!!
We celebrated Tess' b-day in high style with a messy cake and lots of attention. She was a b-day princess and very ladylike about eating her cake. She picked at it and kept looking at me like, "Are you sure about this?" We had great fun helping her celebrate. Being #4 in line there wasn't really anything she needed, but I did
find this great little bongo set from Fisher Price that plays music when she hits the top of it. Her little hips just start a shakin' when she hears the music. This too was a good buy and gets the Sellick stamp of approval.
We went to Hopkins on Saturday for an egg hunt and BBQ...good times. My sister, being the awesome gal she is, made the BEST, MOST DELICIOUS blue cheese hamburgers for us. They had avocado, lettuce, chipotle grilled onions and tomato on them. YUMMY! They will be added to our next cookbook for sure, but I will request a recipe so I can post it on this blog. I was full after 1/2 of it, but kept right on eating because it tasted so good. Naughty yes, but I could not set it down. I worked out extra on Monday ; ) I'm also very embarrassed to admit I didn't get any pictures of the kids in their Easter garb. They will however be in the same garb on Saturday for the baptism and we will take some 'pretend' Easter pictures...
All in all it was a good break and the kids were sad to head back to school. I am happy to be back on a schedule though. I am very undisciplined sometimes and need my kids to have to get up for school so that I will actually get on the elliptical. When they are not in school its very tempting to just stay in bed and boss them around.
This week:
Tuesday: AI and The Other Boleyn Girl with Whits
Saturday: Ali Belle's baptism
Personal Revelation
8 years ago




1 comments:
I wish it was still Spring Break. I thoroughly enjoyed sleeping in a bit. Now I really can't wait for summer!
Post a Comment