Jason Castro-FAVORITE of the night. I got chills as I listened to him sing "Hallelujah". I have always loved this song and promptly downloaded Jeff Buckley's version from iTunes. I'm still trying to figure out why I didn't have it in my repertoire before tonight. Jason is just the whole package, charming personality, easy on the eyes and a talented, unique singer. I would buy his music. He is now endorsed by me, Emily Sellick. I'm sure it will be announced on The Drudge Report tomorrow.
Oh Michael Johns my heart laments for you to really wail on a song. I know you can. I quickly downloaded Simple Mind's version of "Don't You Forget About Me" after he was done. Again, why has it not been on my playlist? I LOVE this song. Sooooo 80's! Back to Michael...I'm still waiting for his 'moment'. I know I sound like Simon, but I think it before he says it!
I still like David, but so far the only thing we have heard from him are ballads and I have yet to buy an album of all ballads. Ripping my mother's "Bad Boy Ballads" doesn't count...
Though he has generally not been my favorite David Cook did really good tonight and I did enjoy his version of Lionel's "Hello". It was the 2nd best performance of the night. He deserves a place in the top 12 for this performance alone and kudos for shaving the fuzz off of his face. His looks improved 100 fold.
Our gay stripper David Hernandez is a talented singer and will surely be in the top 6. Not my favorite, but he will be an easy watch during the rest of the season.
The same thoughts for Chikezie, not my favorite, still talented and will be fine to watch during the rest of the season.
After 3 weeks my favorite as of tonight is Jason Castro. The rest in order of preference are as follows, Michael Johns, David Archuletta, David Cook, David Hernandez and Chikezie. There is room for an upset in my ideal top 6 list, as many people do like Daniel Noreaga and he is also the contestant "Vote for the Worst.com" is having people vote for. Of my listed 6 I can see either David H. or Chikezie being replaced by Daniel. Daniel is a good singer, but I truly do not like his over the top personality. It is too in your face. So there you have it! Let's see what happens Thursday! I do reserve the right to change my opinion as the season develops and the contestants grow as singers and performers.
Personal Revelation
8 years ago




1 comments:
Emily, I agreed with you on so many levels. Jason has been very pleasing these last few weeks. I want Michael to be my favorite but I keep being disappointed. I still have hope that he will have "his moment". David Archuleta is a cutie, but in the way I think Brant is cute. No more ballads! I would never buy a gay strippers music. I wonder how long Danny is going to hang around?
Post a Comment