Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Rock n' Roll?

I think we could all pretty much guess that Rock n' Roll would favor Adam and Allison last night. Of course with Adam's training he can pretty much morph himself into any genre available. Last night was a no 'Big Deal' to me, which reminds me of my Aunt Julie who taught hearing impaired children long ago. She was a funny little gal with a quick wit and wicked sense of humor. If she would hear her kids (or even a teenage me) making a fuss about something she would fan her hands in front of her face and up over her head to sign 'Big' and then in an animated manner deal out a deck of cards to sign 'deal'. It usually put you in your spot quick fast and then made you laugh at the notion that the 'problem' really was not a Big Deal. Ahh- I miss that aunt of mine.

Anywho-after every song I kept seeing her doing the 'Big Deal' sign in my head over and over.

Adam: Yes he kicked it out on 'Whole Lot of Love', but stumbled in his 'Rockitude' as he gushed and swooned about how much he 'LOVED' Led Zeppelin. Don't we all? My problem: A true, cool, honest to goodness rocker would simply state, "Yeah, Zeppelin's cool." Would they really state in a high pitched love fest manner how much they 'love' Zeppelin in the same way a girl from the 70's LOVED David Cassidy? Maybe he was swooning over the tight pants and teased hair of Robert Plant. I again question his rockness.

P.S. Does he really need to screech in every song? We got the idea already Adam...you can belt (scream) a note.

P.P.S. My dedication to Zeppelin, I will remind you, came in the form of me playing 'Stairway to Heaven on the flute for a devotional in seminary. I'm still laughing.

Allison: Bad song choice. I'm with the judges. There was not much flavor and listening to her sing "Cry Baby Cry" over and over got a little old. I do still count her as my 2nd favorite. She has a cool, rockin' voice.

Kris: He still be my number one guy (shout out to the pigeon bible Brant brought home from Hawaii). I was really concerned about what he would choose for this genre and having to follow Adam. I thought he did fine with this. He put his twist and voice to it, which is what I like. Remember, I'm still listening to "I'm Yours" 50 times a day. I'm afraid for his status tonight.

Danny: I've been over Danny for a long time now. I thought he was completely loony for choosing "Dream On". Brave? Possibly. Loony? Definitely. A soul man will never, ever, ever, ever, ever be able to hit those last notes like Steven Tyler. Do you think he had bad dreams the night before? Even in my own head I can hit those last notes and have even tried a few times as I vacuumed the house, but I certainly wouldn't go on AI and give it a go. Yikes.

7 comments:

Whitney said...

I am laughing at you playing "Stairway to Heaven" on your flute in seminary!

Adam and Allison definitely had the advantage last night. I know American Idols are suppose to be versatile and what not, but it seemed a little unfair. And then the judges were like, "Ohhh.....this is not you," to Kris and Danny. We know.

I'm glad Kris is still around.

andrea said...

I am so happy Kris is still there. Slash rock music is not rock music to me. I like real rock and roll -- more like the Beatles and the Chancellors.

After the "Rock" screaming and the poor reviews for Kris, I said to Rich, "Well, it doesn't matter, you can't teach cute and Kris has the cute factor." But I was worried and so happy that he is still in. You never know, I might have to vote next week.

Whitney said...

I agree with Andrea. I like her brand of rock better. I have never been an 80s/90s hair band rock fan.

Emily Rae said...

What? You never burned Mom's 'Bad Boy Ballads' Whitney? I'm shocked.

Josie said...

I am a huge fan of Kris and I think he is darling! I do have to admit the highlight of my week was finding out Adam really enjoyed his "outfit".

Whitney said...

Ha! Ha! Josie!

Hey, Em......did you know that I was the one who gave Mom "Bad Boy Ballads"? She really loved that song, "More Than Words". So, yeah, you can thank me if you ever got to enjoy that CD with her.

andrea said...

Well, Emily get up and blog about AI last night. I even started liking Danny. I didn't like any of the music...........Adam, however talented, was still screaming. Some people like that I guess. I really hope he gets knocked out tonight. We just need Kris to not get booted.