Wednesday, May 20, 2009

After Thoughts

*Kris Allen is my American Idol, funny faces and all. The 'King' of funny AI faces was Clay Aiken and Kris doesn't come close. His face has never bothered me. Now, Adams tongue when he screeches is another story all together. I really liked Kris' 1st and 2nd songs. Too bad he was criticized for song choice #2. This has happened 2x now where he's had no control over a song he had to sing and both were not "Big enough". Remember the scene in Princess Bride where Buttercup is imaging being greeted by the people and that old lady emerges and loudly says over and over "Boo! Boo!"? Well that's me.

*The song Kara co-wrote and will be released as a single was dismal at best. It was choppy, tuneless and hokey. Too bad both contestants had to be judged singing it. My heart actually went out to Adam. I was surprised myself. I would like to hear Kara, who can sing very well, belt it out and see if she can do it any better. I think the producers had to be apologizing over and over to Kris and Adam when they handed the music over, "Sorry. It's the best we got."

*I really don't see Adam having lasting value in the long run, say like Steven Tyler or Mick Jagger. He is still a Bret Michaels in my mind and will be making an infomercial in about 15 yrs. touting "The Best of American Idol: Adam Style" for us all to purchase for the low, low price of 9.99.

*If I had a dime for EVERY TIME we have heard Kara and Paula, especially Kara, say the word 'artist' we would all be quite wealthy peoples and headed to Disneyland tomorrow. Man o' man. For that one reason alone she should hit the trail. Her main crusade this season was to inform the entire world we needed to 'find an artist'.

*I'm really looking forward to tonight's finale. I love the entire night of 'artists' presented to us for a musical feast. We have to shove a ball game and practice in just before it starts, so I'll be sweating it out until my rump is seated safely on the couch where my indentation is already firmly implanted.

*Directly after AI last night the new show Glee was on. LOVED IT! It was funny and the music was awesome. I can listen anytime, anywhere for hours to Journey and be a happy girl. 'Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin' ranks in my Top 10 Favs ever. Haven't listened to it lately? Get on it and experience it for yourself. Anywho- Glee is like High School Musical for adults. Fox is kicking back side with their round up of shows. It doesn't look like that rump print will be going anywhere in the near future. I'm starting to think my couch is made up of memory foam.

5 comments:

Whitney said...

Oh! My gosh! That Kara song was awful. I was distracted by trying to keep boys in bed when Adam was singing it but when Kris was singing I really just wanted it to end. I felt so sorry for him. I think Randy and Simon knew it was an awful song, too. It was hard to give them a critique after being forced to sing such a lame song.

I'm still wondering what the chances are of Kara being back next season. I don't hate her, I just don't usually care what she has to say. She takes up too much time!

I am excited for the finale!

andrea said...

Quick notes:

Loved Kris' -- Ain't No Sunshine
Hated the rest of the show
Kara's song - I could write better

Finale
A very fun show -- loved seeing all the oldsters
Even liked seeing Kiss - Gene Simmons is so much better looking with all that stupid makeup. I just didn't realize it. He's so gross.


Adam - Gene Simmons mini me

GO KRIS - This old lady loves you

Twisted Sister said...

Hey Ems... how do you do the picture thing where you put nine pictures grouped together into one picture? Share you knowledge! :-)

Whitney said...

Carrol, I am suspicious of you keeping mum on AI.....this is a democracy! Your voice must be heard! OK, I'm kidding. You can be Switzerland.

I will say that one of my most favorite moments of the night was when Kara showed up "Bikini Girl" with "Vision of Love". That Kara really can sing. That Bikini Girl really can pose like Paris Hilton.

I was sad to see Kris Allen's mom wearing that dress.

Josie said...

Whitney, I was thinking the same thing about Kris Allen's mom and her dress. Some one misguided her! YEA KRIS!!!!