Thursday, December 18, 2008

Impeach the Room Mother

I got a call today, not yesterday or Tuesday or Monday or a week ago, but today from Olivia's room mother asking me, "Would you please bring those cookies to the school by 10:30 for the class party?" In my head I was screaming, "What cookies?" I then proceeded in my nicest, most ladylike voice to give an affirmative answer. What I really wanted to do was ask this lady when the voting for Room Mother took place and did she win by a majority? Surely one who takes on the office of Commander in Chief of Elementary School Mothers would be much more organized than an offhand, vague call the day before the Christmas gala was to take place. As I representative of the State of Sellick I call for impeachment proceedings to take place immediately. Mark's C.I.C. had the decency to call me last week, Wednesday to be exact. She only asked for 15 cupcakes and told me to keep it simple, something I need to be told I assure you. She gets my vote every time.

We made a late night stop at Smith's and purchased 30 Loft House peppermint sugar cookies.

This is a first for me.

Nothing homemade.

Nothing with fantabulous almond frosting.

Nada.

I will sleep just fine tonight thank you very much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, and I heard that school was cancelled today!

Twisted Sister said...

Congratulations on your upcoming arrival! And how sad about the cookies since you make such YUMMY homemade ones!