I did something completely dangerous today...really, really dangerous...
Our ward is having a trunk-or-treat next Wednesday and each family needs to bring approximately 150 pieces of candy. I've been stashing away bags of candy here and there for the past month, relishing in the yummy look of it all. James, wanting to make sure his own needs were met, put me on the hunt for miniature boxes of Charleston Chews, of which I happened upon today. Feeling like Indiana Jones on one of his crusades I switched my money for the HUGE mix bag and with my whip in hand and my trusty Shortrounds Tess and Nate at my side, I headed home with an air of superiority. Cue Indie music...
When I got home and against my own best judgment, I gathered up the bags of candy, opened them and counted my booty to figure out if I needed to invest any more moolah in the ever suffering Mars Co. (Some of bags did not have the servings listed. What's a girl to do?)
So here I now sit with an overflowing Halloween bowl full of the best ever mix of miscellaneous treats and 5 days to go before the trunk-or-treat. Is it possible for Snickers bars and Junior Mints to actually call your name from the closet across the room? Self-control is not my middle name people...what the heck was I thinking?
Personal Revelation
8 years ago




2 comments:
Oh, Wow! I have to wait until Halloween day to buy the candy. As Cole once claimed in the manifesto of his youth, I'm a "sugarbug".
Now you tell us.........Whitney, you should have given us this tip earlier.
Post a Comment