Yes I know everyone has been checking in religiously to see what the Grand PooBah of AI has to say about last nights performances. I regret I don't have a lot of time today to fully elaborate on my musings. Needless to say, it was another so-so night with my favorite performance coming in from my crush of the season Michael Johns. He finally wailed on a song and did a fabulous job at it. Am I the only one who likes how he holds the microphone with both hands? It hints at a take charge kinda guy to me. I'm weirdo, I know. He seems like a singer who could front a band really well. He's not really a solo guy. I loved his ode to Queen and how he kept it in his voice range and didn't try to Freddy Mercury the song. Nobody can do Freddy Mercury, like Freddy himself.
Bullet list of thoughts:
- Surprised about last weeks bottom 3. Boy was I off! I'm not sad at the results, but highly surprised by Carley's chance to dwell so low.
- Paula please fire your stylist! You looked like a drill team dancer from 1991 last night.
- Ramiele: Possible bottom 3. Ditch the high waisted pants already!
- Jason C: Still love him. Still shares a spot for my favorite 3. I will download last nights song "Fragile".
- Sayesha:Blah-Didn't like the song choice or performance.
- Chikezie: I'm drawing a blank............
- Brooke White: Fine, not wow. Still shares a spot in my fav 3.
- Carly Smithson: She seems to be loosing it. I thought it was an OK performance, but she doesn't seem to have the same umph that she use to. She looked really nervous.
- David A.: His obscure song choice sounded like a song from one of my EFY tapes from way back when or a song for a Christian Rock compilation cd. Terrible!!! We all admit he is a great singer, but he needs to do better with his song choice. I haven't liked him for quite awhile now.
- Kristy Lee Cook: I thought "God Bless the USA" was the 2nd weirdest song choice of the night. She did good with it, but it was not idol potential to me. The only thing keepin' her alive is the country vote.
- David C. : I've already said everything I need to say about this guy. I might like him a little more if he would keep his face shaved. I know people really like him, but he has not captured my heart or my money like others have.




4 comments:
What's a poobah?
I don't know what it is, but I voted myself to it's highest office this morning. It was a landslide victory.
I did some investigation Whits see this link:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Poobah
Dude... I am so glad Amanda got booted last week. She looked like a skunk. Plus, she looked so uncomfortable on stage. She was so stiff and weird.
As for tonight's boot... Don't want to ruin it for you because I'm in the Eastern Time Zone...
Post a Comment