I could have been one of those personal clips shown about each idol, "I grew up listening to the Beatles. My mom owned all of their albums!" Yep, so did mine. I literally grew up listening to each and every one of the songs performed tonight. My mom would pop one of her albums on the record player, turn it up way tooooo loud and jam out as she cooked, cleaned and did the mom thing. Due to this upbringing some of my all time most beloved songs come from the 60's and 70's. My mom had a wicked album collection that I was sad to learn found itself at the D.I. with their move last fall. Oh the lucky SOB that happened upon her Beatles White Album! I don't have a record player and would not have known what to do with the records, but it seems like a part of my childhood disappeared into a cardboard box. I am her music dopple ganger. My kids already roll their eyes at me when the music comes on. They know some out of tune singing is coming their way. Anywho-I thoroughly enjoyed tonight's performances. I'm running out of adjectives, (me and Katie Holmes) so please forgive the over usage of love, liked, fabulous, great, nice, fun, awesome, incredible, etc. A few thoughts:
FAVORITE PERFORMANCES:
Chikeize gets A++ for tonight. He was so fun to watch and he sounded good too. I never thought I would give this guy much thought, but he had my eyes open tonight. I will be downloading his "She's a Woman" tomorrow.
Brooke continues to wow me. I'm impressed with her humble, genuine, girl next door personality. Did anybody else tear up at her joy about being on stage? I know her voice isn't the strongest, but I still like the quality of it and will continue to vote for her.
Carley also gave a memorable performance tonight. She changed the song just enough to make it new and interesting, but it still kept it's style.
Michael did not get much love from the judges tonight, but I liked his low key performance. To sound like Paula, I felt the song....I still want to hear him wail on a song though!
Nothing to Shout About:
Syesha-Forgettable
Ramiele-Pretty voice, but forgettable.
Jason-Big Sigh! I love this guy, but not that great a performance. He is still one of my favs though.
David H-Nah. Possibly going home tomorrow.
Amanda-Nothing special.
David Cook-Midgrade performance for me personally.
David A.-Did you see his Dad's g's in his personal video? Too funny! Blah performance! I have never liked that version of "We Can Work it Out".
Kristy Lee-Too busy an arrangement. I did not like it at all and I can see her going home tomorrow.
Personal Revelation
8 years ago




4 comments:
I was totally laughing when I saw David's Dad's g's. I was rewinding my DVR to make sure my eyes were really seeing what I thought I was seeing. It was funny.
Yes! I look forward to your blog the days after AI has been on. We all caught the g's as well!
Emily, you are crazy! I loved Jason's performance. I think I may download it. What is wrong with you woman? I loved Brooke's performance as well. She seemed nervous, but I guess she always does. To play and sing like that at the same time and have cameras popping up in your face in the middle of it! I liked Michael. He still wasn't as good as he's been earlier, but I felt like crazy Paula as well because it seemed like that song was truly personal to him and I could feel that. You are right on everyone else. How could David forget the lyrics?!
Emily-
I know this is off topic (except for the fact I am overjoyed that smut David got voted off this week) but, I am wondering if you realize you have a problem with your blog name "Sellick Six." I like the alliteration "S S", so when you have another kiddo you can easily change to the "Sellick Seven"
BUT after that, the next numerical "S" word is sixteen. If you want to keep the alliteration after your next kiddo, you best get workin' or pull a 3-for-1 Donnie and Christine...
It's a good thing James and I are agreed on being done after one more baby...we will then officially and forever be "The Sellick Seven" or people may feel free to call us "The Magnificent Seven". We'll answer to either. We'll cross our fingers that there is only ONE more Sellick waiting to come to our family.
Post a Comment