I've grown weary of Obama's hope and change rhetoric, Hillary's "I'm picked on attitude" and John McCain's maverick lies. I'm in a political slump. I'm disappointed and disgusted with the prospects ahead of us and I have been dreaming of the time when Christ will rule and reign. I doubt there will be much politicking and campaigning. While I may still listen too and read everything I can get my hands on about the campaign trail and those mucking it out, I'm so glad to have American Idol around so I can contemplate other world shattering votes outside of the political realm. Voting started tonight. I always ask myself, "Which person's music would I actually spend money on?" Chris Daughtry, Carrie Underwood and Bo Bice have all received a little bit of our hard earned moolah. I stick to my guns about Bo Bice. I still really like his southern throw back and wish he could have been more successful, especially when bozos like Taylor Hicks can win. Here is how the night shaped up for me:
I split my votes between:
Michael Johns: He just got up and sang and didn't try too hard to 'be' something. I'm with Simon on the thought that the majority of them are more worried about their hair than their song choice and sound.
Jason Castro: Again, he just stood up and sang and I really enjoyed his take and sound on the song. He appears unassuming and unaffected. I like the fact that he has only sang publicly a hand full of times.
Honorable Mentions:
Robbie Carrico
Very sweet, humble kid with a great voice. Would I buy his stuff?Please just go away:
Danny Norriega
I can't handle a whole season of finger snaps, head flips and lisp speak from this youngin'. If he is kept it will simply be to drive me crazy. He would be the Sanjaya of Season 7. Spare me!



3 comments:
I am totally with you and the politics thing. I was glued to the TV the past few months...but lately I could care less, well actually I really care, but not to hear the candidates now!
I really enjoyed some good idol last night. I love David!!! Danny is a fruitcake and needs to go byebye! I'm anxious for the girls tonight!
I am totally starting a "write SuperGabers in" campaign for the '08 ballot...
Pass the word...
Will do!
Post a Comment