Thursday, February 21, 2008

Ladies Night

So I sat down last night ALL excited to see what the gals had to offer us on American Idol and while many of them are very talented singers, I didn't walk away feeling too jived about any of them. Am I being too critical? At this point I am somewhat indifferent to this lineup of girls and would be fine if any of them won. I don't think I'd be screaming at the t.v. like I was when Taylor Hicks won. Can you tell I just don't like that short bus guy? Here is my favorites and a few honorable mentions.

Favorite Gals:
Yes we all know she is LDS (check out the CTR ring on her left hand), but that is not my draw to her. I think her voice and style are quite distinctive. I really liked her song choice last night and would die for her hair. I enjoy her sunny disposition and, unlike Simon, feel our television viewing is in need of some cheery. I would be happy to see her win.



Amanda is true blue in who she is. In no way does her style and attitude seem contrived. I laughed myself silly last night when Simon asked her if she had forgotten the words to the song and she asked him (a music exec.) if he had ever heard the song! I have always liked the type of music I know she will choose but I do wonder if all of her songs and song choices will sound and be the same. In the words of Simon, "Joplin has already been done."

Honorable Mentions:
Loved the song and really liked her.










Talented and different.











I like the husky quality to her voice.










Great voice, maybe a little too 'mature' sounding for me. Should the fact that she has already had a recording contract make her ineligible? She is one of the 12 that I will be interested to watch and see what song choices she makes. So sad she ruined her cute little self with that hideous tattoo sleeve.


Sooooooo pretty and vocally talented too. She seems a little sassy...She might be really fun to watch.

0 comments: