Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Is It Over Yet?

Holy Crap! What a bad week on idol. Please bear with me during my mini-rant...

Almost the entire group chose terrible songs (many if which I like, but not their versions) and were soooooo out of tune it was unbearable and I really wanted the majority of the performances to just end. Even my beloved Michael Johns stunk it up. I don't really care for the 'true rocker' David Cook. It doesn't translate to me. The poor guy has a receding hairline and tries to make up for it with a terrible 'edgey' hairdo, and yes, it is a 'do'. We know about receding hairlines at this house and that guys gotta one. Chickezie did do much better so I'll give him an honorable mention.

Fox cut out on us during Brook's performance so I cannot give an opinion about her. We were stomping mad! Also, when the judges were 'complimenting' Asia'h I wondered if we had just heard the same song. She completely missed a note in the 2nd phrase. Yikes! And, poor Amanda murdered her song and failed to even sing at all and I HATED her hair(sorry Haley for the use of 'Hate', but it is VERY justified). Hopefully next week will be better.

Shiny Pennies:
David KILLED (in a good way) this song. He did move ahead a bit in my liking of him. I love his "Who Me?" attitude. Did you find it interesting when Randy asked him why he didn't sing the 1st verse? Was he trying to catch him off guard? The first two verses are clearly anti-religion (even confessed by John Lennon himself) and our little Mormon boy gave a great answer. He simply stated it was his favorite verse and had a great message. This one is without guile.


I never gave this guy much thought but he did do very well last night. I'll keep my eye on him.






Carly is my new girl favorite. It might be due to her Irish lilt, but I'm going to give her 'props' for a fabulous voice and a fun watch tonight. She gets my vote today.







Still Love:
I have a little "I'm married, but still think you're cute" crush on Michael. Please sing better Michael just so I can watch you every week and justify voting for you, for previously said purpose ; )



Look close and you'll see this talented kid is John Travolta with dreads. And yes, I do like John Travolta. You'll never get me to deny Danny Zuko or one of the best all time lines in movie history, "Would ya just watch the hair. Ya know, I work on my hair a long time and you hit it. He hits my hair." I ramble...Anyway I still like him A LOT and would like to see him without the guitar just like the judges.

Pipe in with your thoughts and school me otherwise if I have offended you with my opinions or if I left out any notable performances.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes the hair was....just as bad as the pants....actually, they matched! I think even I can justify the use of the word hate here, but I'm not a huge fan of this girl anyway. She's a little too hard.
I love reading you!

Emily Rae said...

All the reviews I've read about Brooke say she was the best of the night. Dang it! I'm so mad I missed it. Hooray for her. She will continue to be my favorite gal with Carley in a close second.

Anonymous said...

David Archuleta is so adorable! I love, love, LOVED his "Imagine". My friend TiVo'ed it and we watched him sing it, like, five times! He stole the show. Michael did poorly and I was so disappointed in him. I think the majority of the guys had poor song choices. I need a blog so I can unveil all of my thoughts. I didn't get to watch the girls last night but I'm hoping to watch it today. So, I can't share my thoughts on them. I think I'm going to have an AI Season finale party. I am really getting into this season. Last season was so dull I stopped watching shortly after Hollywood week.

Emily Rae said...

I will co host your party!