I have a new addiction and it's keeping me up late at night. This is NOT a good thing as I am cranky the next day! My sister-in-law Tristan recommended this book, so last weekend while I was playing in Utah with my sisters and my mom we all picked up our own copy. I can only get to it late at night after the kids are to bed and I have to say it is certainly worth it. I know I've got a good book when I have to force myself to put it down so that I can get at least 6 hours of sleep...I function best on 8. Anytime a book has a vampire in it, it seems to catch my fancy. I had to put Ann Rice aside as her books are a little tooo racy for me. "Twilight" seems to be a good alternative. I'll post a final review when I am done, but so far I have loved reading "Twilight" by Stephanie Meyer, who also happens to be LDS. I'm no Oprah and my seal of approval won't put this books sales through the roof, but I recommend it and will add it to my own book club.
OK-So I finished this book last night...late last night. I'm kind of obsessive once I start something. I have to know what happens. I can read a new Harry Potter in 1 day. Nothing gets done in that day, but I do finish the book. Anywho- I really did like this book. It is definitely a 'young adult' book and the reader must treat it as such (I never felt that way about Harry Potter). Regardless, the plot is incredibly intriguing and left me wanting more. It did all the right things. It made me wonder, made my heart race, made me smile and allowed me to get into the minds of the characters. I felt invested in the characters and their outcomes. If you can get past the 1st 5-6 chapters and get into the meat of the story you will certainly be as invested as I was.




4 comments:
Hey Emms, my mom bought this book and said it was wonderful, and she is going to buy it for me. I'll have to read it and we can discuss it!!!! Fun to talk to you today! Josie
Hi Sellick Family, I hope you remember us, and we are so glad that you included us in your blog accounts. It is so amazing to see your family and to know how happy and healthy everyone is. Please say hello to your mom & dad for us. We miss you! love, sarah & ses
My sister Kellie has been telling me that I need to read these books for the last month and I was thinking...ugh..vampire books..no thanks. At least I know now that she is not totally crazy. -Haley
Hey Emily. If you haven't already picked up the other books to the trilogy, log on to overstock.com. Shipping is free right now and the books are only about ten dollars each.
Bridgette
Post a Comment