Monday, October 15, 2007

Arms Reach

There are several, no millions of things I love about being a mother, all of which are too hard to categorize. If I had to create a top five though, one of those would be having a baby in the house. There is nothing like it! You would assume it's because of the giggles, the baby talk, the happy, cherubic face, the darling clothes...oh the list goes on and on. While those are all good and justifiable reasons, mine is purely self serving. I love being someone's everything. Vain, I know. I find pleasure in being the one Tess watches walk across the room. Even more pleasing is knowing I'm the one she prefers to be with. Maybe it's because I have the goods (food), but I like to think it's because she likes the way I smell or the way my face lights up when I see her. I hope it's because I make her happy and feel secure. We are never far apart and when we are it's like I'm missing a leg or an arm. We are that attached! She always wants to be within arms reach of me and if she isn't she'll figure out a way to make it happen. When I am doing my hair and putting on makeup she is right there watching the process all from her throne in the sink. It's nice to have at least one person in this world think you are wonderful. We'll see if she feels that way in 16 yrs. I'm not banking on being her whole world then, but at least I'll have proof that at one point in time she was all mine.

0 comments: