I feel so critical and grumpy about AI I'm surprised anyone gets on here and reads my thoughts. I'm simply a downer. Please continue to love me though...my spirits picked up a few moments after AI was over as I was able to enjoy an hour of Fringe. While I have yet to attach myself to any Star Trek chapters here in Idaho, my dad did instill an inkling of Sci-Fi love in me. I will forever hate Star Trek though because as a child my sister and I would get all set up to watch Fraggle Rock, be about 5 minutes into it and then my Dad would come and without warning or a polite question change the channel to Star Trek. We missed many fabulous episodes down at Fraggle Rock due to this mean habit. While Star Trek has never 'done it' for me, Fringe has managed to scratch that itch. I can hear you all laughing from across the fruited plains. I laugh about it too. Wanna talk Lost? Ring my bell.
*I want to hear Simon EVERY time after a performance. Get rid of the 4th judge! You know he was dying to jump in on some of those performances last night and I was dying for him to jump in too. I think it was that one element that ruined the hour for me. Don't mess with the formula folks.
*Too much Brian Adams.
*Quentin Tarintino?
*I actually liked Allison last night and am predicting (place your bets) that she and Adam are in the final 2. Yes, I've been known to be wrong. I'm just as surprised as you are. I still prefer Kris, but tend to be fair weathered and feel the need to jump behind a winning team. I'm contemplating a jump off the Kris ship and onto the Allison ship. I'll decide next week. I have to take issue with Simon (or was it Paula?) saying how it was Adam and Allison who were the authentic ones. I don't think there is a drop of authentic in Adam. He is a product of years of stage training, a good make up artist and an on-call hairstylist. Allison is coming across more authentic to me. Also, what does this say about the rest of the contestants? Is Matt just a guy pretending he can sing and play the piano? Is Kris just a wannabe who also happens to have a mellow, melodic voice and the ability to strum the guitar as he does it? Why does being a 'rocker' make the contestant more 'authentic' than anyone else? If I wear no make up, a pony tail and high, elastic waisted jeans does that make me a more authentic mom? I take issue.
*A prize to the contestant who can tell me how many sentences in this post start with the word, "I".
*Live Long and Prosper.
Personal Revelation
8 years ago




3 comments:
I agree with you on so many levels today. First of all, I loved Fraggle Rock when I was a kid. Second, I am an Allison fan and hope she stays until the end. Third, I only care what Simon has to say. I kept hoping he would just abandon the rules last night and speak up. Grrr...
LOVED your Mom analogy. Too funny! AI was a letdown for me last night too.
At least we can get Fraggle Rock through Netflix now and catch up on all those episodes we missed.
Yes, I agree. I am always wanting to hear what Simon has to say. That displeased me. Do you think they will keep Kara around?
I still like Kris.....and Allison. I always agree with you about Adam. We must be sisters.
I think that you and Kirstin are authentic flutists.
Post a Comment